Sign in to follow this  
scott967

How to "overide" the joystick profile in FS2002?

Guest Marvel

hello I'm using a Saitek X-36 USB HOTAS with FS2002 and wondering how can I use the profile programed by saitek software in FS2002, because once FS2002 is loaded it usually "take controll" your the joystick profile. (FS2002 assign its' own profile to whatever joystick you're using)

I'm using an X-45 (same as X-36 but digital- they configure the same) what I did was to open the FS profiler and just re-did the assignments as I wished. Should work for you also although you may not be able to totally use all of the available buttons, switches, etc unless you upgrade the Saitek drives. The forums on the Saitek site [www.saitek.com]are worth a look depending on how much programming you want to do.Hope the helps.Ed Green, KCLThttp://www.panelshop.com/images/ELAL-350.jpg

If you read the documentation that comes with the SaiTek software it explains how to enable the profile.Although I use the X36 it is a long time since I used the SaiTek programming s/ware but from memory you open the 'SaiTek Gaming Extensions', right click on the profile and click 'Set as default' or 'Configure game now'. Once set that profile should load each time you start FS.I had the SGE s/ware, if you are using the later SSD s/ware it may be different.HTH

I use the SGE 3.0 software on Win98 since it seems to work OK for me. I use FSUIPC module to handle the axis and rotaries. The main decision to make is either assign DirectInput buttons to Saitek hats/buttonsor keyboard commands. Then use the FS controller settings to assign buttons or keyboard commands to specific actions. If you want different assignments for differenct aircraft, create new copies of fs2002.cfg with the modified command assignments, save with unique filenames, and create shotcuts to invoke the unique cfg file. Won't work while within fs2002, just at start up. Or maybe use the mode switch to reprogram the buttons to different commands.On the Pete Dawson FSUIPC web site is also some documentation on commands, you need the ones for both FS2000 and 2k2.scott s..