Sign in to follow this  
Guest Koebrood

B744 LNAV route problem

Guest Koebrood

Hi guys,I recently re-installed the PMDG 744 and now I've a problem;When I take-off, switch the AP on and press LNAV everything seems to be allright: The plane goes to the next waypoint and follows the VNAV profile as well. Only thing is, that when the A/C turns to the next waypoint it keeps flying straight, and after a while the aircraft is turning back to the 1st waypoint.The 2nd waypoint is also showing in white, not in purple (while the 1st waypoint is, and doesn't get erased)All by all, i'm (or the AP itself) just unable to let the AP follow the route.Can someone help me solving this problem?Regards,

Guest Koebrood

The FMS is not recognizing the flyby of EH001, so it does not cycle to the next route segment.A view of the CDU LEGS page might help, but I think the problem might be in the way the procedure file for that DP is written.A quick fix is to promote the next fix EH051 on the LEGs page about the time you pass EH001 to force it to the next segment (press LSB next to EH051 to put it in the scratchpad area, press LSB1 to put it next fix, press EXEC).What is the ICAO and SID you loaded? Is it Navigraph Cycle 0813? I can take a look later today when I get home.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Koebrood

Hi Dan, thanks for your reply.This was an example flight from EHAM using the VALKO1S departure (runway 24). I'm using cycle 0813.However, it doesn't realy matter which SID or airport i depart from, or where on the route I am, the problem still occurs.Even when I'm going direct to the next waypoint, it'll fly back to the first waypoint, or sometimes it will fly to the 2nd waypoint where the problem starts all over again like at fix 1.

Gotta ask you to sign your posts per forum rules."Doesn't matter where on the route you are?" Does this mean the FMS never progresses from one segment to the next after passing a fix? Never or just sometimes? If never then we have a new problem that hasn't been seen.What happens when you intervene after it fails to progress past a fix and force the next fix at LSB1? Will it then progress to the next segment?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Koebrood

Yep, it never follows the route further than one point.Sometimes it'll continue to the next fix when I force it to the next fix via the fmc, but most of the time the ac won't even react on that as well.Regards,C. Galjee.

I took a second look at your ND display. Note under the fix name you see ----- Z, an empty time block. You should be seeing an ETA time for that fix.Check your flight plan, there is something that you are missing. Maybe you have discontinuities? Does the LEGS page show ACT route or MOD route? Before takeoff, use the PLN view instead of MAP view to step through each segment from departure to destination. There should not be any breaks in the path.Also all preflight actions must be completed, such as thrust and takeoff pages.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Koebrood

That's exactly what i did.Entered all data in the FMC, no breaks in the route.I think the empty time block comes with the problem I have.I'm running Vista 64 bits by the way.

So am I, I don't think that is a problem as long as the PMDG folder and subfolders have admin rights assigned.Anyway, lets see a screen shot of the 2D panel when you are lined up on the runway ready for takeoff, I'd like to see the PFD ND and CDU on LEGs page. Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Koebrood

I don't know what just happened, but when I started FS, all my settings were reset.And somehow everything seems to work right now, strange!I'm currently flying a testflight and I'll let you know how it went.Thanks for your time :(