Sign in to follow this  
graysuit

MD11 - FS9 HDG selection problem

Hello, I'm a FS2Crew newbie. I bought FS2CREW MD11 two days ago and yesterday I've tried some flight with FS9 version. I've found many problem to select HDG after takeoff and during approach phase as well; no response selecting HDG to follow another route. After selecting HDG to left turn, aircraft turns steep to the right. I have to turn-off autopilot, and take aircraft far away the route manually, then select again HDG.After, de-installing FS2crew it goes well. Anyone can help me, or suggest me possible solution?ThanksRob

Hello, I'm a FS2Crew newbie. I bought FS2CREW MD11 two days ago and yesterday I've tried some flight with FS9 version. I've found many problem to select HDG after takeoff and during approach phase as well; no response selecting HDG to follow another route. After selecting HDG to left turn, aircraft turns steep to the right. I have to turn-off autopilot, and take aircraft far away the route manually, then select again HDG.After, de-installing FS2crew it goes well. Anyone can help me, or suggest me possible solution?ThanksRob
Hello Rob,FS2Crew can't and doesn't touch any of the internal MD-11's autopilot code. We don't have access to any of that. Not to diminish your comment, but this is the first I've heard of that behavior. So I can't offer any kind of explanation for what you experienced. However, I would suggest that you also post this in the PMDG forum. Perhaps the PMDG dev team might be able to offer an explanation.Sorry, wish I could have gave you a better answer.Best,

Hi Rob,in the MD11 the HDG select function is different than on other aircraft like Boeing. In Boeing, the aircraft makes a turn to the shortest way to catch the heading you select.In the MD11, the aircraft "memorizes" the direction you turn the heading select Knob.For example : your present heading is 360, you want to select a heading of 220 but turning the hdg select knob to the right. The aircraft will begin a right turn until hdg 220 is captured. You'll see a dash white circle on the ND indicating the direction of turn.

vpa055.png

Thanks Bryan for your answer. I'll install Fs2Crew again and take some other tests. It is a strange problem. I'm asking you, it might be FS2Crew setting autofly during tkoff and approach? Maybe I should set FS2Crew different mode?After all, I want to say that FS2Crew is a very great addon.Rob

...For example : your present heading is 360, you want to select a heading of 220 but turning the hdg select knob to the right. The aircraft will begin a right turn until hdg 220 is captured. You'll see a dash white circle on the ND indicating the direction of turn.
Ohh, Stephane, great. I read you only after my reply. You are right. I don't know this behavior in MD11. I'll try it.Thanks you very muchRob

Ohh, Stephane, great. I read you only after my reply. You are right. I don't know this behavior in MD11. I'll try it.Thanks you very muchRob
Yes, I suspect Stephane's explanation is probably the answer you're looking for.The MD-11 is a different bird from the Boeing stuff, and it takes some getting used to. Differences here and there, some big, some small. Different philosophies...Cheers,