Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vulcho

whats a good joystick for helicopter flying?

i have cho pro pedals , usb but i want to get a good joystick for heli flying, i had bought a logitech wingman 3d but did not like it at all! to stiff, anything a little looser?thanksciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Guest Lindy

I don't have a lot of experience with different sticks, but I use a Saitek Cyborg 3D USB Gold stick and like it very much. I think it's an especially good stick because it is totally configurable -- left handed, right handed, small hands, large hands -- anyone can use it. A few pilots over at Hover Control also mention they have this stick and really like it as well.Just as a side note, almost everyone is in agreement that sticks with force feedback are not the best choices for helo flying.Good luck.-Lindy :-rotor:-wave

Guest Vulcho

>Just as a side note, almost everyone is in agreement that >sticks with force feedback are not the best choices for helo >flying. Yup, that's true. I have a Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 and I never have FF on when I fly a helo. Also, helos are very sensitive, so when you fly one, you hold the joystick all the way on the bottom where you hand is touching the non-moving part of the joystick, and holding to the bottom of the handle. I don't know if you can understand what that means, but check out Hover Control, I think they have a pic of what I just said.So, find one that you can hold like that with not a whole lot of discomfort.Alex.AlexNatchev@Yahoo.comERROR:Banner is 6.6KB, 15 pixels (width) above limit. Cannot Display!