Sign in to follow this  

FSX, MD-11

Good day. Congrats to this very nice addon!!Ich have a small issue here: during autopilot engaged approaches, e.g. at EDDF,KATL,KORD (different RWYs tried), there is a little offset to the right side of the final appr track, like 0,5 to 1 degree.The offset is always on the right side.The FMS is properly set up (APPR + RWY selected).In a different post here in this forum, somebody posted some cockpit screenshots where I could see the same thing in the PDF, the LOC is a little to the left side.During CAT3 autoland this offsets lets the plane land completely (with the main-gear) land right of centerline.Does anybody have the same experience or any ideas?Many Thanks!TOM

Almost all my landings with the MD-11 (pre-patch) were at the left or right of the centre. I did wonder why, but it didn't matter much to me. It would if I had landed besides the runway (which I quite often expected to happen during approach...!)! I think I landed in the middle only once, because that really surprised me. :( Maybe it has something to do with wind but I doubt that because I disabled wind in ASA... it only gives me problems.

The ND is displaying the forecast track based on actual navdata (assuming your navdata is current). The MSFS data is quite old, and sometimes the extended centerline and localizer course do not align with the ND presentation. This is one problem.Also, there are some scenery add-ons that corrupt the mag dev function in some way I don't understand, but this can cause the aircraft to appear to follow the track to the side but parallel to the track. Landing is not near the centerline. You have to turn off add-on scenery until you find the problem, if this is the problem. Lacking any screen shots, I don't know.Finally, gotta ask the question: Is the aircraft keeping the localizer deviation indicator on the PFD centered? If so, then it is working correctly, regardless of the ND display (the difference is usually due to first item above). Not all MSFS localizers are aligned exactly to put the aircraft on the centerline.. PMDG follows the lccalizer signal provided by MSFS during the coupled approach. However, there is a registry corruption that can cause a problem here too, and although the aircraft is on the localizer it is still skewed left or right. The registry repair tool from FlightOne fixes this.Bottom line: You haven't provided enought info but I've given you some areas to investigate on your own. Hope it helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Finally, gotta ask the question: Is the aircraft keeping the localizer deviation indicator on the PFD centered? If so, then it is working correctly, regardless of the ND display (the difference is usually due to first item above). Not all MSFS localizers are aligned exactly to put the aircraft on the centerline.. PMDG follows the lccalizer signal provided by MSFS during the coupled approach. However, there is a registry corruption that can cause a problem here too, and although the aircraft is on the localizer it is still skewed left or right. The registry repair tool from FlightOne fixes this.
No, it does NOT keep the LOC centered. I have some screeshots made in FRA + ORD, but dont have webspace- can somebody host the pics for me please? Thanks!EDIT: it flies a parallel track instead, that track is maintained very accurately.I have only one addon scenery: aerosoft, megacity FRA. I turned it off, restarted (cache is empty), but no changes.What I noticed is, when you approach FRA 25R, the RWY track is 249- you can also see that on NAV/RAD page, ILS 109,5/249. But in the FMS (flt plan page 2) the track stored does not show 249, it shows 251 between OM25R + RW25R. Those discrepancies are also in ORD, ATL so on.In ORD 14R the difference is even 4 degrees!Definitley there is something wrong....I am wondering if i am the only one who has that problem...??I installed FSX again only a few days ago, FSX SP1; FSX SP2; PMDG. No other addons. All flighttests with wind 0, turb 0, weather simple (no online data).May be, somebody can post a screenshot of an ILS FRA 25R which is from recent flts, so that I know it is a problem with my system only, thanks!

Good day. Congrats to this very nice addon!!Ich have a small issue here: during autopilot engaged approaches, e.g. at EDDF,KATL,KORD (different RWYs tried), there is a little offset to the right side of the final appr track, like 0,5 to 1 degree.The offset is always on the right side.The FMS is properly set up (APPR + RWY selected).In a different post here in this forum, somebody posted some cockpit screenshots where I could see the same thing in the PDF, the LOC is a little to the left side.During CAT3 autoland this offsets lets the plane land completely (with the main-gear) land right of centerline.Does anybody have the same experience or any ideas?Many Thanks!TOM
Hi Tom, I started having this problem just the other night after installing the patch for FSX. I tried 2 attempts landing on runway 23 at CYYZ and both where a degree or so to the left of the runway. Now the FMC showed me lined up properly and tracking the right heading, but it was actually to the left of the runway on the grass.I'm starting to suspect that my navdata base may need to be reinstalled after the patch, so I'm going to try that tonight and then the registry fix to see if that makes it change.

can somebody host the pics for me please?
www.tinypic.com is your best friend.

Tom,Run the FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool you find in this link:http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library99% sure it will fix your LOC offsets.Regards,Harry
I tried this Harry but it didn't work for me. I also tried reinstalling the latest Navdata, still the same. My last option is to replace the magdec.bgl file and see if that changes things. I think this helped me when I had the same problem in FS9.

I tried this Harry but it didn't work for me. I also tried reinstalling the latest Navdata, still the same. My last option is to replace the magdec.bgl file and see if that changes things. I think this helped me when I had the same problem in FS9.
Hi Ron, replace it with which file?? Pls let us know if it works now!

Tom,Run the FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool you find in this link:http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library99% sure it will fix your LOC offsets.Regards,Harry
Hi Harry, i am always a bit sceptic about these tools, also there are no further details, what it is doing exactly...but thanks for the link!RGDS

That tool is safe, it just repairs the path to the FS9 or FSX exe file in the registry if it's been changed/deleted.Btw, you guys know you can upload files/pics using this new forum software right?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

That tool is safe, it just repairs the path to the FS9 or FSX exe file in the registry if it's been changed/deleted.Btw, you guys know you can upload files/pics using this new forum software right?
Good point :( Thanks for the hint! Greetings to Phoenix!Here you go: as you can see in EDDF, KORD,KLAX, something is corrupted with the FMS database...my guess...

Hi Ron, replace it with which file?? Pls let us know if it works now!
Tom, I'm talking about the magdec.bgl file located in your FSX installation directory( just do a search for it). I always keep a back up of this file from a clean installation for times like this. I'm going to try it tonight and will let you know what happens. If this doesn't do it, then the only other resolution is a complete reinstall which no one ever wants to do. :(

The above pics are a symptom of a registry problem. Please try the repair tool.

Dan Downs KCRP

Ron,Think your problem is different from Tom's and the same for all , me included, that use the FSX default scenery at CYYZ rwy23.The Localizer for rwy23 is misaligned to the runway heading by 0.7 degrees. Enough to Autoland the plane outside the runway boarder.(can be corrected by using programs like "Airport Design Editor", ADE).Hope this explains your situation.Regards,Harry