Sign in to follow this  
Guest contrail

Creating cargo flight plans for AI

Guest contrail

I have been able to create most commercial traffic(for AI)thanks to FedTravel and MRAI tools, however creating cargo traffic is a bit more complicated by having to use various sites(Flytecomm, FlightAware, TrackFlight, etc)to obtain departure/arrival times, airports, etc. I have google searched and found information regarding OAG's Air Cargo Guide and was just wondering if anyone was familiar with this particular product? It is pretty expensive to get a subscription but I understand many freight forwarding companies may just discard outdated(monthly)copies of these. Also noticed OAG themselves are selling outdated copies on Ebay. So if anyone is in the know about OAG products perhaps they can tell me if the format which flight information is given in these publications can be useful for compiling required information in order to build cargo flights for AI.... or am I better off just doing it the old fashioned way of hunting down the information on the tracker sites?BTW, I understand cargo flights are a bit more fluid in regards to schedules and such, however they do have a good amount of traffic that use regular routes/timetables.Thanks

Between here and flightsim.com libraries I found ai schedules for FedEx and UPS. I searched on flightsim.com under FS9 AI Flight plans and I see DHL there, global and subcontractors., Some are in package form with aircraft.I use UT2007, left these two carriers out of its compiling, and then separately compiled under trafficxxxx.bgl plans one for FedEx and one for UPS.If the packages do not include models I just modify the aircraft.txt file to use the models furnished by Ultimate Traffic.I use the freeware AITM from Thomas Molitar. It does have a learning curve. You can get it from here: http://www.molitor-home.de/fs/Downloads.htmlby installing the FS8 version followed by the FS9 patch.If you already have a traffic package such as UT, then you can use that for adding ai traffic files for compiling.

Between here and flightsim.com libraries I found ai schedules for FedEx and UPS. I searched on flightsim.com under FS9 AI Flight plans and I see DHL there, global and subcontractors., Some are in package form with aircraft.I use UT2007, left these two carriers out of its compiling, and then separately compiled under trafficxxxx.bgl plans one for FedEx and one for UPS.If the packages do not include models I just modify the aircraft.txt file to use the models furnished by Ultimate Traffic.I use the freeware AITM from Thomas Molitar. It does have a learning curve. You can get it from here: http://www.molitor-home.de/fs/Downloads.htmlby installing the FS8 version followed by the FS9 patch.If you already have a traffic package such as UT, then you can use that for adding ai traffic files for compiling.
Project AI has quite a few air cargo carriers. I have all of them installed. If you're looking for the smaller outfits like Ameriflight and Airpac, then look on the library for the flight plans and paints. Though the trouble with those is that they change their schedules often.

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Try this I use all of their flightplans for my AI. I have been reinstalling for 2 days straight but I find the models they use so much better. Flaps on takeoff and landing and reversers it looks pretty good if you are in line waiting to takeoff. Use the installer its pretty simple.http://www.world-of-ai.com/