Sign in to follow this  
Guest BernhardH

Changing the preflight time

Guest BernhardH

Hello!Is it possible to change the preflight time, so that I can use preflight checks even if I do not have time for 45 mins of those checks? Maybe 15 mins would be great for that and it should be possible if someone is used to the process.Cheers,Bernhard.

Hello!Is it possible to change the preflight time, so that I can use preflight checks even if I do not have time for 45 mins of those checks? Maybe 15 mins would be great for that and it should be possible if someone is used to the process.Cheers,Bernhard.
Hello Bernhard,Unlike some previous versions of FS2Crew, running the pre-flight events is strictly optional.Also, we don't expect you to sit there for 45 minutes.Just press the 'Start' button, then press the Fast Forward button to fast forward the Pre-Flight time down in increments of 1 minute.Tip: Pause a second or two between each fast forward click.Also, you can run the Final Cockpit Prep checklist (if desired) without running the Pre-Flight events. Hope that helps,

Also, you can run the Final Cockpit Prep checklist (if desired) without running the Pre-Flight events.
But obviously, there are some things that has to be done before FCP ck, such as the IRS alignment, so having a ck about those things would be really ok. I know, if I read the manual, can find out what the FO does at those 45 min but to be honest, I

But obviously, there are some things that has to be done before FCP ck, such as the IRS alignment, so having a ck about those things would be really ok. I know, if I read the manual, can find out what the FO does at those 45 min but to be honest, I

Guest BernhardH

Thank you for your answer. I knew the option with fast forward but because I know that I mostly need not more than 15 mins for preflight I would appreciate a option, where I can set this time before starting instead of clicking on fast forward 30 times :)Cheers,Bernhard.

Thank you for your answer. I knew the option with fast forward but because I know that I mostly need not more than 15 mins for preflight I would appreciate a option, where I can set this time before starting instead of clicking on fast forward 30 times :)Cheers,Bernhard.
So you'd like me to have an option where the FO does in 15 minutes what he normally do over the space of 45 minutes.That's a good idea. I'll consider adding such an option to a future update.Cheers,

Guest BernhardH
So you'd like me to have an option where the FO does in 15 minutes what he normally do over the space of 45 minutes.That's a good idea. I'll consider adding such an option to a future update.Cheers,
Great, thank you,Bernhard.