Sign in to follow this  
sbish149

PMDG737-700 WONT FLY SID

You files look okay to me but I'm just another user... so now there is another reason for the spd rest set to 0 other than the ini file and I don't know what it is.When you uninstalled/reinstalled was it a clean install (did you remove all pmdg files)?Might be time to ask pmdg support for assist. If you email them be sure you get an automated response (no response means they didn't get your message).PS: Please post the solution in the forum for the rest of us. Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

You files look okay to me but I'm just another user... so now there is another reason for the spd rest set to 0 other than the ini file and I don't know what it is.When you uninstalled/reinstalled was it a clean install (did you remove all pmdg files)?PS: Please post the solution in the forum for the rest of us. Thanks.
Thanks for your help,For anyone else with this problem take note of the bold writing above after you have uninstalled.Got there in the end, it basically req an uninstall and then manual removal of every pmdg file/folder in my pc,then reinstall of 600/700 to fs9 root folder and then reinstall of 800/900 to fs9/pmdg folder and hey presto flap probs sorted on dep and arrival.Not sure which method worked the complete removal of files or the 800/900 model being installed into pmdg folder not just fs9 root folder.I am left with one problem which doesnt seem to affect anything yet which is on start up error message flight sim has detected incompatible aircraft or software file fssound.dll.I think this is something to do with the fly2 livery or a fly uk aircraft somewhere down the line.Regardssteve bishop

Steve, sure am glad you got her going.Meanwhile, back to the original squawk. Have you tried out Steve Bell's collection of UK SIDSTARS? You can find them at the BAVirtual 747Hanger... oops, just checked that url and it is offline. Nevermind.

Dan Downs KCRP

HiThis is a part of BIKF SID/STAR:FIX METIL LATLON N 63 58.31664 W 21 31.56666....SID SKAR1B FIX METIL FIX GAKTU FIX SKARD ... RNW 29 TRK 288 UNTIL 1500 HDG 079 INTERCEPT RADIAL 109 TO FIX METIL ENDSIDSWhen I choose this SID in FMC, I got message "DISCO INSRTD AFTER 1500" :(What's wrong? (installed 737-600,-700 v1.3 only)Thanks.

My first guess is it doesn't like the 211 deg turn on passing 1500.. the MD11 just won't do it. Next possibility is the heading of 079 doesn't intercept the 109 course to METIL. Either error will give the same DISCO error. I just did a dry run with it and got the same disco error and looking at it in the PLN view I am very certain that the problem is in how the SID is composed.The fix is to fly departure using MCP HDG until established on the 079 HDG then intercept the 109 CRS to METIL.I think I mentioned earlier that many SIDS are not adaptable to automation in the way they are written. This is a good example, should the turn to 079 be left or right turn? Both the 1500 ft altitude and the course intercept are "floating" waypoints that will have a different location based on rate of climb, speed and wind. Sometimes you just gotta fly the airplane instead of letting the otto have all the fun.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for helpful thoughts! I'll try to modify SID to avoid two consecutive "floating" waypoint and will see result