Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stathis

MD-11 and FMC problems

Guest Stathis

Hello. I have purchased this great MD-11, 2 days ago and already enjoy it as much as i can by flying several routes. Great plane and a great job creating it! But i noticed a strange problem: everytime i try to enter a plan from Greece p.e LGAV/LIMC or LGAV/LIRN and click 1RK to enter it in the FMC my FS9 freezes (not responding) and have to close the programm the "hard way"! Same thing happens when i try to enter an alternative Greek airport (tried entering LGEL or even LGTS) to the FMC (p.e after entering succesfully-this time- the route LIRF/LGAV)All other routes and flightplans from other countries of Europe created and saved succesfully till now. Is it possible that this MD-11 has something against Greece? :( :( :( Any help/idea would be much appreciated...happy flyings to all.Stathis Tsirigotis

I too noticed the very same problem when changing a STAR for UKBB Boryspil, the sim freezed, when I tried to insert it after the last waypoint before the previous STAR. My memory usage was actually within limits.

Iñigo Bildarratz

Guest Stathis

Well..my problem is partially resolved by using the export to PMDG module of FSNavigator and then reloading the saved route to the MCDU. Of course the problem persists (lock up) in creating the route from the beginning....

Hello. I have purchased this great MD-11, 2 days ago and already enjoy it as much as i can by flying several routes. Great plane and a great job creating it! But i noticed a strange problem: everytime i try to enter a plan from Greece p.e LGAV/LIMC or LGAV/LIRN and click 1RK to enter it in the FMC my FS9 freezes (not responding) and have to close the programm the "hard way"! Same thing happens when i try to enter an alternative Greek airport (tried entering LGEL or even LGTS) to the FMC (p.e after entering succesfully-this time- the route LIRF/LGAV)All other routes and flightplans from other countries of Europe created and saved succesfully till now. Is it possible that this MD-11 has something against Greece? :( :( :( Any help/idea would be much appreciated...happy flyings to all.Stathis Tsirigotis
Stathi,When you enter an airport code in origin/destination or alternate fields the FMS will look at all the save flight plans you have searching for any flight plans matching the origin/destination airports you entered.The directories that are searched are:- The directory that FS9 saves default FS format flight plans (.pln extension) which is "My Documents/Flight Simulator Files"- The {FS9}/PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS directory for PMDG format flight plans (.rte and .rt2 extensions). During this procees all these files are opened and examined. I suspect that a "bad" flight plan file in any of these two directories is causing the problem.Do the following test:- Remove all flight plan files (.pln, .rte, .rt2) form the above directories (make back-ups or move to a different directory), so that no flight plans at all remain there.- Load the MD-11 and see if the problem is solved. - If the problem is solved, LET US KNOW. If this was the case and you are willng to do some further investigation:Add back the files to the one of the two directories and test, then add files to the other directory and test, to identify which directory is causing the problem. Then remove again all flight plan files form the directory that causes the problem and start adding them one by one (or in groups) until you find which specific file causes the problem. If you find that please send us the file (post it here as an attachment).

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest Stathis

Michali efharisto....thanks a lot,problem solved following your instructions by emptying the FLIGHTPLANS subdir on the PMDG dir. It seems that there was indeed a "bad" flight plan with some Greek airport saved over there from the past. Excellent....thanks again!Stathis

Michali efharisto....thanks a lot,problem solved following your instructions by emptying the FLIGHTPLANS subdir on the PMDG dir. It seems that there was indeed a "bad" flight plan with some Greek airport saved over there from the past. Excellent....thanks again!Stathis
Stahi, Have you identified which particular flight plan file was causing the problem? Can you mail me (mfrantzeskakis-at-presicionmanuals-dot-com) this file, or if you don't know which one it is, mail me all the greek airports flight plans you had in your folder when you got the problem? I want to check the "bad" file contents so that in the future the FMS will not hang when a "bad" file is encountered.

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

Excellent, finally found the moth in the relay. I've been following this problem out of curiosity.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Stathis

Rgr...i will e-mail you the whole "bad" FLIGHTPLANS dir (1.25 Kb). I didnt investigate on which one of the saved plans created the problem although i suspect an old LGTS/LGAV which i always avoided loading it in the past because it was behaving in a "strange" way.... :(

Rgr...i will e-mail you the whole "bad" FLIGHTPLANS dir (1.25 Kb). I didnt investigate on which one of the saved plans created the problem although i suspect an old LGTS/LGAV which i always avoided loading it in the past because it was behaving in a "strange" way.... :(
Thanks a lot, this will do.

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg