Sign in to follow this  
Guest sybil

virtual cockpits in fs

Guest sybil

Any body tired of trying to find that perfect aircraft for fsx, only to find it has no vc? :( in my opinion, all of them these days should have a vc. especially a clickable vc. i have encountered some really great freeware planes with alot of attention to detail that could almost pass for payware. :(

Any body tired of trying to find that perfect aircraft for fsx, only to find it has no vc? :( in my opinion, all of them these days should have a vc. especially a clickable vc. i have encountered some really great freeware planes with alot of attention to detail that could almost pass for payware. :(
there's just too much work involved to expect to see high quality vc's in freeware for fsx. If you want a good vc you'll have to pay for it, and even then most are subpar either in fit or function somehow...there IS no perfect VC IMO as ALL of them are lacking in one way or another. If visual quality and proper pilot perspective are your only major concerns then the default 737-800 is probably the best around (and free naturally), but systems-wise its almost useless. Payware VC's will give you much more function and systems to play with but visually they tend to have improperly modeled view perspectives and some are better than others in the texturing dept....it's a tough call as your mileage will definately vary, heh.Good luck in your search!Dave

Flight1 MustangAerosoft CheyenneFSD Navaho and SaratogaEagleSoft has a fewthere are more too

Have a look in the sim-outhouse.com library. You will find some very good true FSX models with excellent VC's.There are also some excellent FS9 aircraft with great VC's that work just fine in FSX. have a look atthose through cbfsim.org. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

I don't download a plane unless it has a VC. Which pretty much limits me a LOT! Have you tried the Realair stuff? Very FPS friendly and quality VC's

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Sounds like you are finding lots of FS9 ported aircraft since there really aren't that many original FSX freeware aircraft out and most of the ones I have tried have a VC.While I am a VC flyer only and won't even d/l an aircraft if it doesn't have one, a freeware developer can what they want since it's their creation and they are making it for themselves, not you.As posted the VC is the hardest part to model, so I would get a copy of Gmax and give it a shot so you can get an idea of what a freeware developer has to go thru to provide you with a VC.

Best, Michael

KDFW

Have a look in the sim-outhouse.com library. You will find some very good true FSX models with excellent VC's.There are also some excellent FS9 aircraft with great VC's that work just fine in FSX. have a look atthose through cbfsim.org. Paul
Could you make any recommendations on what to try in FSX?

Depends on what you like to fly and what issues you are willing to overlook/live with. Also if you are patched up and current on SP2 or not as this will affect them as well. Best bet is to look thru the libraries and try a few out. One author that has quite a few freeware quality FSX birds is Tim "piglet". Conrad

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest rdg

I really like Carenados Mooney. Not a bad price. Also you can download a hi-rez vc cockpit from ORBX for this plane. Really really nice job they did! Great on frames and a joy to fly.Bob

Over at Sim Outhouse you can find these:Mitsubishi F-1Mitsubishi T-2OV-10F-5APC-7Just search the FSX library for planes by "Piglet" and you will find many more.Dave Maltby has some excellent British aircraft. They were modeled for FS9but work well in FSX.BAC 1-11DH106 CometHS121 TridentVickers VC-10All at: http://www.dmflightsim.co.uk/I also have a Piaggio P-149 that is available here in the Avsim library.I also see an L-29, L-159A and L-159B in my FSX Military directory thatshould also be here in the library.Those are just a few :) Paul

Wide-5.jpg

I would put David Maltby's collection up on the top shelf of freeware if that gives any indication of what I like. I still fly the BAC 1-11 in Fs9 but haven't tried any of his stuff in FSX yet, seems I should give it a go! I have sp2/Acceleration installed and I'll give some of those mentioned a shot. I guess I'll really try any freeware that has a good looking VC, but I do prefer civilian AC over military in the FS series.