Sign in to follow this  
Cuddly1956

FS9 tutorial MD11

Hi, just been reading the FS9 tutorial for the MD11 and I notice it says set 7.6 ANU in the trim.... couple of pages later it shows 3.6 ANU (config page). No wonder some find the climb rate phenomenal if they follow this and leave it at 7.6 ANU. (I see it shows 7.6 in the pic)Please note all the 'new' FS9 tutorial followers - you set the ANU to what it says on the Takeoff config page... this most likely will not be 7.6 ANU as it's stated but much nearer 3.6.Can't win em all lol. Just thought I'd point this out.Mind you I learnt something too even after using the fsx version.... I armed NAV and PROF on taxi then autoflight at over 1000ft. works too :( Sure the 400ft is a bit tight... 500ft more like to press autoflight else it might disconnect instead in the tutorial.John Ellison

Hi, just been reading the FS9 tutorial for the MD11 and I notice it says set 7.6 ANU in the trim.... couple of pages later it shows 3.6 ANU (config page). No wonder some find the climb rate phenomenal if they follow this and leave it at 7.6 ANU. (I see it shows 7.6 in the pic)
Not sure what you mean John. On page 15 both screenshots and text say set trim to 7.6. Can't find any reference to 3.6 or a config page and I printed off all 35 pages. A couple of pages later is Engine Start.Anyway I set trim to 7.6 and it worked fine. :( Iain Smith

The actual setting for trim is 5.7ANU as derived from the TO/APPR page of the mcdu if set up for 2/3 weight with H setting for fuel and loading the tutorial panel.The 3.6ANU can be seen on page 18 of the tutorial btw.Also, must be a 'feature' of FS9 is if DET/273 is put in it doesn't line up with the Epsom ndb (as in the sid) - it's more DET/276 to line up but I guess that's the 'flat world' of FS9.Happy flying anyway.John Ellison

The actual setting for trim is 5.7ANU as derived from the TO/APPR page of the mcdu if set up for 2/3 weight with H setting for fuel and loading the tutorial panel.The 3.6ANU can be seen on page 18 of the tutorial btw.
I see where you're getting it from but I still don't think you're right. The screenshot of the configuration graphic shows 3.9ANU (not 3.6) but that is only there to show what you should see when checking the control surface action. It was not, I'm sure, intended to define the ANU setting for the flight. Page 15 is quite clear in my opinon. Enjoy your flights in the MD11 John. :(Iain Smith

John,the 3.x degrees trim setting you are seeing is a result of an old screenshot being used before the loading update. However that screenshot is on the page showing the flight controls check. At the pages where stabiliser trimming is instructed both text and picture clearly state 7.6 degrees. I will correct that for an updated version anyway.7.6

Markus Burkhard

John,the 3.x degrees trim setting you are seeing is a result of an old screenshot being used before the loading update. However that screenshot is on the page showing the flight controls check. At the pages where stabiliser trimming is instructed both text and picture clearly state 7.6 degrees. I will correct that for an updated version anyway.7.6

Stefan,the FSX update changed the loading of the aircraft so the tutorial document needs an update as well. I've sent the update to Robert already and he will distribute it as soon as he will find the time.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

What a dipstick I am Marcus :( Click 2/3 THEN adjust freight loads to match the weights lolOK got 7.6ANU now.... Large case of RTFM lolI am right about getting the trim from the TO/APPR page though. No wonder it worked ok when I did it.Learn something every day.... might even learn to read one day lolThink I'll shut up now :( John Ellison