Sign in to follow this  
Alado

EPR not shown and gs in EICAS AND ND ? MD11

hello all In the EICAS I don't have each time the EPR shown only N1 EGT N2 FF ? but sometimes yes EPR appears ? and I have remarked that after installing the update ? 2 / In APP when I push the APPR button only the LOC is shown not the GS ? in the ND screen ? is it normal ? what wecan do ? Thanks for help regardsPatrick

Patrick,Is this happening with the engines shut down? The displays are normally blanked a few minutes after shutdown. BTW, EICAS is a Boeing term, the MD11 has an EAD- Engine and Alert Display ;)This is normal. The GS is only shown on the PFD.

Patrick,Is this happening with the engines shut down? The displays are normally blanked a few minutes after shutdown. BTW, EICAS is a Boeing term, the MD11 has an EAD- Engine and Alert Display ;)This is normal. The GS is only shown on the PFD.
Hello Thanks for reply 1 / No it happens in flight with engines on even in ground for the EPR . Can the problem come sfrom the update as I guess I didn't have that problem before the update ? fs9 version . 2 / so with appr BUTTON we have only the LOC ? strange not very useful? RegardsPatrickEiffel Twr VOR

hello all In the EICAS I don't have each time the EPR shown only N1 EGT N2 FF ? but sometimes yes EPR appears ? and I have remarked that after installing the update ?
Only aircraft with P&W engines have an EPR indication.Aircraft with GE engines have only N1/EGT/N2

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Hello Thanks for reply 1 / No it happens in flight with engines on even in ground for the EPR . Can the problem come sfrom the update as I guess I didn't have that problem before the update ? fs9 version . 2 / so with appr BUTTON we have only the LOC ? strange not very useful? RegardsPatrickEiffel Twr VOR
When you press AUTOLAND you will get LOC if you are within the capture zone, then you will get G/S indication on the right side of the FMA when the autoland system intercepts the glide slope.Jay V.

I'm not certain what you're asking. It may be one of 2 questions, so here goes the answer to both.The ND does not display glideslope deviation. This is only on the PFD.When you press the APP/LAND button, LAND ARMED over the roll mode. Once localizer is captured, LAND ARMED moves over to the altitude mode until glideslope captures.Have we answered your questions?

Ignore my last post, I miss read the first time.but yeah glide scope does not show on the ND even with the appr button pressed.Jay V

Ignore my last post, I miss read the first time.but yeah glide scope does not show on the ND even with the appr button pressed.Jay V
Many thanks for yur repliesKind of strange that gs not shown on the APPR display but it is not PMDg apparently it was the MD 11 itself I don't see the interest to have that display only for loc app but having also the VOR button ? 2/ The second question was that I don't have the EPR indications shown systematically in the EAD !! no EICAS !!!! Sometimes yes sometimes no ? Strange also ? I don't have made the test if it is only when I choose the PMDG livery or the FEDEX livery ? I will try again tonight . Again thanks for your nice replies . Cheerspatrickparis VOR