Sign in to follow this  
Guest jhambly

Direct Wind Control and other Options in ASA

Guest jhambly

I've upgraded to ASA, and am using the direct wind control (global) option for smoothing wind, QNH, temp, visibility. Does his option override the other weather options such as:1. Create Additional Stations2. Enhance Route Coverage3. Force Destination Wx ZoneI have had DWC plus (1) and (2) enabled thus far -- the results seem pretty good. I was wondering how they all interracted though, and if they would cause problems with handing of AI aircraft at arrival airport, for example.I've noticed that the 122.0 voice Wx report seems pretty accurate for destination (as viewed once I arrive), but is different to that given in ASA Wx Gauge Dest, and that given in Wx report when on approach usingRAdar Contact. I guess my concern is that if FSX AI are diected accoring to a different set of values to what I receive via 122.0, I may find myself head to head with a 747 on opposing runway! I note in the help file that 122.0 gives accurate dpiction of global Wx at destination, but that FSX ATIS will often give conflicting report -- does that mean AI will be directed accoring to FSX ATIS or actual global conditions at the airport?I am going to try enabling force destination Wx Zone -- should this still be OK using DWC?

Hi,Are you using B316 or B355?In either case your settings are fine.With B355 we have removed the automatic update of FS AI and ATC, so you need to manually click on the Refresh AI button in order to get AI/ATC correct.Yes, force destination will work with DWC.Thanks,

Guest jhambly

Thanks. I just completed a flight with Fix to Dest Wx checked (Build 355), and all was OK until I neared the destination. Withinh about the 80 mile range, I started getting extreme stuttering of the dispay, the mouse pointer kept flashing on/off to timer symbol evey few seconds, frame rates varied, but appeared OK, and when I turned off the AP on short final, my C172 took an umcontrollable nose dive into the ground. I think I will try again without the force to destination option checked...also, this is the first flight with the beta upgrade, not sure which of these two differences are responsible.As for auto refresh of AI being off in this build, will it be reintroduced? When and how often in the flight do I have to get out of full screen, bring up ASA, refresh AI, then resume FSX in full screen? Is there another way? Any clue as the the stutters -- has been fine up until now, even with far worse Wx conditions.

Hi,No idea about the stutters. Please try a few more flights for that issue.Well, we had auto refresh in and it was causing problems for Multi player flights and some 3rd party planes. Now you have a request to put it back in. :( :( We can't win!!The procedure would be: Load ASA, start FS, let things load and process, then refresh AI once for your entire FS session.Please let us know about your stutters.Thanks,

Guest jhambly

Hi,Thanks for the info about AI refresh -- refreshing just once at the beginnig is OK -- no different to what I am used to with AS6. I just thought it would be a pain if it was something that had to be done at regular intervals, or prior approach etc. Not sure what was going on with the stutters the other night, but so far it seems to have resolved. My nose dive after turning off the AP--somehow (very mysteriously), my joystick elevator setting had been reversed, so when I flared, I actually did a nose plant. I suspect this had othing to do with ASA and possibly related to other performance issues at the time.