Sign in to follow this  
Dicko

flight plan briefing page

I usually import a flight plan into ASA before I fly and when I check the briefing page it always gives the departure and destination temps and winds from the cruise altitude not the elevation of the airport. All other waypoints seem to be correct. Problem is when using ATIS information with (PFE) for the destination airport I always get temps -40's and -50's and sometimes 90 knot winds. These are cruise altitude figures. This only occurs on the briefing page as you can check the weather of the destination and departure airports on the reports page and this seems accurate.Any ideas?Thanks in advance.

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

I usually import a flight plan into ASA before I fly and when I check the briefing page it always gives the departure and destination temps and winds from the cruise altitude not the elevation of the airport. All other waypoints seem to be correct. Problem is when using ATIS information with (PFE) for the destination airport I always get temps -40's and -50's and sometimes 90 knot winds. These are cruise altitude figures. This only occurs on the briefing page as you can check the weather of the destination and departure airports on the reports page and this seems accurate.Any ideas?Thanks in advance.
Bump

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Hi,I see what you mean. I will report this for a future fix.Thanks!

Hi,If this is FSX ATIS that is wrong, when using DWC, realize that this is a known situation and should be documented. Since we're controlling all parameters to achieve control of wind/temp/baro/vis, surface conditions will indeed be exact to ambient (aloft) conditions. You can use our ATIS on 122.0 to receive correct information, as well as the XGauge MET/DST information.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

The info is wrong on the briefing page within ASA with DWC mode enabled, I personally know that third part programs would see the wrong info and that is not an issue for me. But if you can get the Xgauge to show the correct dep/dest info and the ATIS on 122.0 why cant this info also be shown on the briefing page within ASA?

Cheers, Andy.

Aha. I understand now. Sorry, was looking in the wrong direction.The departure and destination data in the navlog indeed is currently setup to display aloft information. If you only had a departure and destination specified (no waypoints) then it would be critical to use the aloft information for anything close to accurate. If you have a long leg between departure and first waypoint, or between last waypoint and destination, using aloft data is also critical.Ideally, specifying individual altitudes for your waypoints, coupled with the user's flightplan configuration of TOC/TOD waypoints would provide accurate results, but so far is outside the scope of the designed ASA flight planning features as well as the default FS flight plan file information.While we are always looking to significantly improve things for future versions of AS, and this input is very valuable in that regard (imagine automatic aircraft performance data calculations coupled with automatic TOC/TOD waypoint inserts), we can probably get something in here for ASA SP1 that at least allows surface wind and temp display for departure and destination (by option). We'll put that on our list.Thanks again for the feedback,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Thanks Damian that sounds fantastic, I knew you would figure out my babbling eventually :(

Cheers, Andy.