Sign in to follow this  
MorsAbAlto

MD11 Real World operators configuration

Dear PMDG team.First let me thank you, for your efforts to deliver a great MD11 for FS9. After a long wait, I can finally enjoy flying it. Although I did not have the time to explore the simulation to its full extend, yet.Now to my questions:1. We are able to change a variety of options to configure the MD11 to resemble our favorite real world operator.But I have no clue what options to select if I want to resemble for instance a Finnair MD11 pax. Is there a source of information for this?The 737NG had a menu, where you could simply select the airline you are flying for and everything was changed automatically.Now this was merely about the arrangement of instruments, but I would have liked something similar for the MD11 and of course for the 747 as well.2.Same for CI. Does anyone know, what numbers are used with different airlines?3. OOM errors. I flew HEL-JFK and JFK-HEL as AY0005 and AY0006 and it was really great with the MD11 following the descent profile quite nicely. But FS9quit on me on both flights during final approach. Now I am glad that I can run the MD11 at all, since my PC is really outdated. But I never got OOM errorswith the PMDG 744.4. The PA section of the OVHD Panel. Do I assume correctly that those are all dummy switches?5. When I downloaded the documentation before the release I think I read something about a hidden clickspot to hide "geometry" in the VC to get better FPS.But I am not finding anything like this in the airplane nor the documentation that came with it. What gives?6. On my return to Finnland (See 3) I encountered severe weather and the MD11 was tossed around quite a bit. I repeatedly had an overspeed developing and decided to deploy the spoilers when almost reaching .9 Mach. Now this has not happend to me in every other airliner I own. Is this related to your product or was it my fault to get into those conditions in the first place. This happened with ASA for FS9 btw.Thank you again for a wonderful MD11.RegardsAlexander N.

1 & 2 regarding configuration and CI: Not much info available. There was a post or two on CI in the past month.3. OOM posts are on-going. Needless to say, they do not occure if you have 32b OS and 2Gb memory, or 64b OS and 4Gb memory. The hard spot is 32b and 4Gb... and the solutions are many. Probably too complicated for me to understand.4. Correct. Cabin communications is not simulated.5. The FSX version can hide overhead switches in the VC view, but we never found that to be a major advantage. I don't think that feature was included in the FS9 version, which doesn't have the same performance contraints. If it is there, it will be viewable in the VC view of the overhead panel above the bailout alarm panel.6. The HiFi forum has lots of posts regarding ASA and wind shifts. I'm sticking to using registered copy of FSUIPC with ActiveSky until they get the bugs worked out.

Dan Downs KCRP

Sorry to rain on the parade Dan, but OOMs are occurring with 32bit OS and 2Gb...As I have said before, I am NOT saying the OOMs are a result of the MD11, more a combination of high end addons on system reaching its physical limits...Andrew

Thanks, I had missed that surprising info.

Dan Downs KCRP