Sign in to follow this  
Guest shefer

autopilot problems

Guest shefer

helloi have a little problem with the autopilot/no matter what i do i can figure it out/it always goes into stall or overspeed i just can get it to work/i dont get how all the aoutoflight and the pref buttons work/why there is no simple buttons like in the 767 AP-AT- LVCH-etc/

Read the documentation like everyone else. The MD11 has equivalents to LNAV VNAV FLCH etcRob

Rob Prest

Guest keiron

^^^^+1 Also do the tutorial which is included with the documentation. Use that tutorial as many times untill you feel comfortable enough to start doing your own flights.

Guest shefer
^^^^+1 Also do the tutorial which is included with the documentation. Use that tutorial as many times untill you feel comfortable enough to start doing your own flights.
i did the tutorial but still when istart my climb after takeoff and when i hit autoflight the plane goes into stall and never mannage to hold any ALT.just where can i find a good documentaion about the a\t and the AP?

When you download the Aircraft the documentation comes with the package..Rob

Rob Prest

I had a very successful flight doing this: - taxi - arm spoilers | autobrakes RTO | press AUTOFLIGHT | FLAPS SET- LINE UP | LANDING LIGHTS ON | HI-INTENSITY LIGHTS ON | press PROF and NAV- TAKE OFF | release BRAKES | throttles to 1.10 EPR | move throttles further until you hear a CLICK | V1 | VR | V2 | above 400ft AGL press AUTOFLIGHTENJOY THE REST!Roar

That sounds similar to the tutorial description Roar... thought I don't engage PROF until airborne... It is not a good idea to engage autoflight if you are not aligned with the flight director commands, can have an interesting effect ;)CheersAndrew

Arm PROF and NAV, press AUTOFLIGHT to arm ATS on ground, engage A/P after 400 AGL by pressing AUTOFLIGHT again.

Dan Downs KCRP

That sounds similar to the tutorial description Roar... thought I don't engage PROF until airborne... It is not a good idea to engage autoflight if you are not aligned with the flight director commands, can have an interesting effect ;)CheersAndrew
Pressing PROF on the ground arms it: it doesn't engage anything. :(

Guest shefer

i did all this but when im airborne and press autoflight again, the plane is following the LAT navigation but the problem is with the VNAV. it just passes ,lets say the 6000 fett which is my initial climb and stalles!!like it doesnt obay the vertical navigation at all

VNAV....? VNAV...? What's that...? Oooooh, you mean PROF! :( You say the plane passes 6000 ft. Do you mean it keeps on climbing?Do you have 6000 ft dialed into the ALT window? Or already the CRZ alt? Do you have a restriction in the F-PLAN at 6000 FT? What do you see in the top right corner of the PFD: an altitude in magenta or white? Is there an altitude just above the alt tape with a little circle in front of it?Maybe you should post a screenshot: that might help!

Guest shefer

i have the ALT 6000 dialed int the MCP the 6000 is magenta and it says climb thrust. i did every thing like in the manual but i guess im doing something wrong! otherwise i dont know why the plane keep climbing byeond the 6000 limit and above all - stalls!

Screenshot so we can see what you do not see. Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest shefer
Arm PROF and NAV, press AUTOFLIGHT to arm ATS on ground, engage A/P after 400 AGL by pressing AUTOFLIGHT again.
ok here are some screenshots maybe youll find something wrongthis is befor takeoff autoflight- proff-nav are armed95465685zl4.jpgthis is befor V1 when thrust is engaged75360581er9.jpgclimbing-still handflying the plane34347243sc9.jpgand here is the problem-when i hit autoflight again it just stalls86424826yn9.jpg