Sign in to follow this  
roarkv

CRZ LEVEL

Flying the tutorial (FS9) today after passing T/C (FL 370 -dialled in the FMC before takeoff) I suddenly had a new FL = 385 showing up on ND. The F-PLN page in the FMC also had FL 385 at the next waypoint. WHY?Roar

Flying the tutorial (FS9) today after passing T/C (FL 370 -dialled in the FMC before takeoff) I suddenly had a new FL = 385 showing up on ND. The F-PLN page in the FMC also had FL 385 at the next waypoint. WHY?Roar
Be careful when turning the altitude dial on the FCP. If you turn it above the CRZ LVL value entered in the F-PLN INIT page, after a few seconds the CRZ LVL will change to the value you dialed.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Thanks for that tip, I was wondering why I wasn't reaching cruise alt... :DIt is logical...Andrew

Be careful when turning the altitude dial on the FCP. If you turn it above the CRZ LVL value entered in the F-PLN INIT page, after a few seconds the CRZ LVL will change to the value you dialed.
its logic....and essential!Thank you!Roar

its logic....and essential!Thank you!Roar
I have had this happen twice and have not been able to correct the reading on the ND although the aircraft is flying at the correct height the FLT-PLAN INIT is correct and barometric pressure etc is standard. Any advice on how to get the ND and FMC synchronizedThanksRichardCYHM

Richard: Let us see a screenshot of the ND display with a cruise altitude display. On my ND I only get altitude indications at TOC for example, the altitude info is normally found on the PFD.

Dan Downs KCRP