Sign in to follow this  
Guest hypersonic

HELP - Can't download anything?

Guest hypersonic

Is this a Site issue? or an XP issue due to a MS update? Or a Browser issue?But i can no longer download any file from this site:The error is:Failed to ConnectThe connection was refused when attempting to contact library.avsim.net.Though the site seems valid, the browser was unable to establish a connection. * Could the site be temporarily unavailable? Try again later. * Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection. * Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.I've also noticed a similar download issue from www.simviation.com as well ... however when you do a ping or trace root, bost sites (Avsim & Simviation) have similar IP, thus hinting that both are Hosted by the same Hosting provider!?So perhaps it is the hosting provider that is causing this?Downloading other files from other sites (non aviation) is absolutely fine .... thus not pointing to a browser prob or XP.I've tried both IE 7.05 & Firefox 3.05 & both exhibit the same problem on here.So .... What the heck is going on!? & Is anyone either at Avsim or the Hosting provider for this site Looking into this????Cheers Hyper :(

Guest Gary Buska
Is this a Site issue? or an XP issue due to a MS update? Or a Browser issue?But i can no longer download any file from this site:The error is:Failed to ConnectThe connection was refused when attempting to contact library.avsim.net.Though the site seems valid, the browser was unable to establish a connection. * Could the site be temporarily unavailable? Try again later. * Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection. * Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.I've also noticed a similar download issue from www.simviation.com as well ... however when you do a ping or trace root, bost sites (Avsim & Simviation) have similar IP, thus hinting that both are Hosted by the same Hosting provider!?So perhaps it is the hosting provider that is causing this?Downloading other files from other sites (non aviation) is absolutely fine .... thus not pointing to a browser prob or XP.I've tried both IE 7.05 & Firefox 3.05 & both exhibit the same problem on here.So .... What the heck is going on!? & Is anyone either at Avsim or the Hosting provider for this site Looking into this????Cheers Hyper :(
I am some what confused you state you can not download any files at the start of your posts but then toward the bottom of the post you state you can download non aircraft files. So what is your problem exactly? Either you can or can not down load files? It makes no sense what so ever to be able to down load files of one type and not the other. Please be a little more specific with your problem.

Guest hypersonic
I am some what confused you state you can not download any files at the start of your posts but then toward the bottom of the post you state you can download non aircraft files. So what is your problem exactly? Either you can or can not down load files? It makes no sense what so ever to be able to down load files of one type and not the other. Please be a little more specific with your problem.
UMMMM - The problem could not have been described any clearer.I suggest you re-read the sentance more closely! - it says i CAN download files from 'OTHER SITES' ... meaning NOT Avsim!Thank you.
UMMMM - The problem could not have been described any clearer.I suggest you re-read the sentance more closely! - it says i CAN download files from 'OTHER SITES' ... meaning NOT Avsim!Thank you.
Anyway, the issue may well be mute now, as at 1:30 in the morning London time. ... I have been able to download now. So clearly something was fixed.Many thanks.

Anyway, the issue may well be mute now, as at 1:30 in the morning London time. ... I have been able to download now. So clearly something was fixed.
I am sorry. Nothing was broke (at least on the AVSIM side of things) to begin with. Nothing has changed in our library system for a couple of years, and certainly nothing within the last day or two. Trust me. I know these things. Something was wrong either on your side of the equation or there was a serious issue that existed between your connection to the INet and our server.

UMMMM - The problem could not have been described any clearer.I suggest you re-read the sentance more closely! - it says i CAN download files from 'OTHER SITES' ... meaning NOT Avsim!Thank you.Anyway, the issue may well be mute now, as at 1:30 in the morning London time. ... I have been able to download now. So clearly something was fixed.Many thanks.
Dear sir,I do not appreciate the tone of your e-mails to my library staff. The men and women at AVSIM devote much of their free time to maintain the AVSIM community at no cost to you. If you would please retrace your postings and see maybe where myself and others may take offense to certain statements.