Sign in to follow this  
Guest Coneman

Your favorite General Aviation airport

KBKLBurke Lakefront in Cleveland. with its proximity to downtown Cleveland it looks JUST like Meigs....AND..its where i learned how to fly. check it out!chris

Jeffco airport (KBJC) in NW Denver. That's where I fly out of currently, not as busy as APA (also mentioned here in this thread). But a mix of traffic from a Caravelle based here, C-130's of NOAA, NIST and NCAR, various Jetstreams, Citations, and everything down to my C172SP! The controllers are friendly, and a turn to the north gets you out of controlled airspace (and the overlying Class Bravo) rather soon. Currently doing my instrument rating there, and enjoying every moment of it! Living in Boulder makes this only a 30 minute drive.Two parallel runways, 29L / 11R is great for practice; 29R / 11L gets rather busy. Bruce.

Washburn Field/Morris Municiple Airport C09(if you want weather info, punch in KC09) is where I am learning to fly, and it's my favorite airport. One runway 18/36, just recently recieved a beautiful coat of asphalt(recently like last August.) Theres also a very nice airport restaraunt on site, you can park your plane within 30 feet of it. Cheese/Burger & fries is about $7.50 if you include the tip. They have a full a buffet, and "gourmet" meals. I don't think anything exceeds $25.00. No alcohol on site, obviously.(don't want the skydivers having to much of a good time) 20oz bottle of Coke, Sprite, Dr. Pepper, Vanilla Coke, Root Beer, Cherry Coke, is a $1.50(If you go to the airport office, the vending machine sells the same thing for $1.00, I don't think buying one and going it with would be a good idea, drink water or coffee inside, grab a 20oz on the way out)You can see just about anything come in there from an Aeronca Champ, Ultralights, Falcon 50s, and Twin Otters. Busiest little non-controlled airport just south of Chicago Charlie. I didn't mention all the warbirds that stop by, and occasionally the Lima Lima squadron makes a visit. If you're "really lucky" one of the "high as a kite" skydivers will run across the runway as you and landing or taking off. Either that or you can watch airliners headed into Midway recieve vectors around the skydivers while they free fall.Oh, and Morris is the 4th highest revenue generating airport in the state of Illinois. This is because the City of Morris owns the fuel service, and that's also why the fuel is dirt cheap! Yeah, $2.30 is dirt cheap. JP is a mere $1.95 (NOTE: If you fly your jet into Morris and the fuel isn't a $1.95 anymore, I DO NOT take responsibility, same goes for the $2.30 100LL)Paul Meyer - Morris, C09status.php?id=810173&indicator=OD1&a=a.jhttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...7b45404593a.jpg

Guest ScottPilot

My favorite is the Coeur d'Alene, Idaho airport. (KCOE)I lived in Coeur d'Alene for 6 years before moving to Colorado Springs. I flew out of the KCOE airport for real during that time!I love both Idaho and Colorado!Scott :-)ATP/CFII - KCOS

Guest Coneman

I'll second KCOE, my hometown airport. Have spent many hours watching air tankers. It's a nice, short hop to KSFF.Todd