Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest douglas earl

747 landing gear

I've had the PMDG 747 for approx five yrs and I think its one of the finest simulations ever designed. I also work on the actual aircraft as an inspector for a major airline. I would like to bring up a discussion on the landing gear. It sits a bit tall and it shows allot of chrome. On the real aircraft, there is approx 12" of chrome showing when she has no payload and no fuel. Fully loaded, she shows approx 2 to 3" of chrome. The gear on the model even looks a bit thin. Would this be something that could be modified without rendering performance? Douglas earl

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I Don't want to speak for PMDG but I doubt the 744 is getting another update, also as you say the amount of strut showing will depend on weight, an empty aircraft in maintenance is going to sit higher then a Freighter at MTOW... kinda nit pickingRob

The oleo strut compression is something that MSFS holds the controls to and is not directly manipulated by the add-on aircraft (this is my simple understanding not being qualified to speak that language). It is one of a multitude of variables that are dumbed down by the "as real as it gets" platform.