Sign in to follow this  
Guest douglas earl

747 landing gear

Guest douglas earl

I've had the PMDG 747 for approx five yrs and I think its one of the finest simulations ever designed. I also work on the actual aircraft as an inspector for a major airline. I would like to bring up a discussion on the landing gear. It sits a bit tall and it shows allot of chrome. On the real aircraft, there is approx 12" of chrome showing when she has no payload and no fuel. Fully loaded, she shows approx 2 to 3" of chrome. The gear on the model even looks a bit thin. Would this be something that could be modified without rendering performance? Douglas earl

I Don't want to speak for PMDG but I doubt the 744 is getting another update, also as you say the amount of strut showing will depend on weight, an empty aircraft in maintenance is going to sit higher then a Freighter at MTOW... kinda nit pickingRob

Rob Prest

The oleo strut compression is something that MSFS holds the controls to and is not directly manipulated by the add-on aircraft (this is my simple understanding not being qualified to speak that language). It is one of a multitude of variables that are dumbed down by the "as real as it gets" platform.

Dan Downs KCRP