Sign in to follow this  
Guest mllg

747x irs wont align

Guest mllg

1- i switch the irs knobs from off to nav2- the readout starts from 7 ,(or 1 in fast mode)3-i enter the irs position in the fmc4-the readout goes down to 1 and then dissappears5-the attiude indicator does not come alive6- after about 40 sceonds the irs display pops back up, it reads -1, and then starts to increase foreveri have disconnected the controllers to rule out controller brake noiseinstant mode works fineis this a bug?am i doing it wrong?is there a problem with my system?this is starting to drive me bonkers!

Please sign with real name in this forum.Don't enter the postion lat/lon until it is ready. There will be empty boxes on the line where that info goes. Copy it from the GPS postion line.So here we go:Switch to OffSwitch to NAVWhen alignment is done, the CDU says something like set irs.Copy GPS postion to scratch pad, press RSB on bottom right to past to irs.Sometimes it will want to do this twice.All of this is from memory, which in my case is very unreliable.Just ensure aircraft is not moved during irs calibration.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest mllg

i followed what you said and....IT WORKED!!!!chalk one up for the support forum :( please try to help me out with my new topic on getting the go flight throttle qaudrant to workill start a new post

Guest 413X3

If you are working in the Virtual Cockpit, I have noticed I always have to enter it into the right FMC even after entering it into the left.