Sign in to follow this  

Two things sorely needed for visuals in 2k4

1) Atmospheric perspective. What this means, for example, is that in daytime, distant mountains appear bluer than near mountains.Basically, diffuse skylight color should tint everything, not just the sky.2) Better ground lights- pinpoints of lights instead of blurry blobs. Of course the blurs are still good for overall areas, as a "glow" still needs to be there to indicate lit ground under the lights. Large clusters of lights should be visible in the distance rather than just a big blur.3) Cloud lighting would be nice. At night, dense urban areas light clouds from underneath. At sunrise/sunset, clout bottoms are lit. The shadowed side of clouds would be correct, in other words.

Could be a big hit on framerates, such advanced lighting. But if they can do it, what the hell.What I really would wish for is a weather system similar to X-plane. I downloaded the demo the other day, and the clouds looked fantastic. I also like the way it is darker when you are underneath overcast cloud, and then when you break through, it becomes lighter. Would love to see that in CoF.

go take a look at the clouds video on the MSFS website.www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulatori thought the clouds were pretty nice, i just wish MS would show us some airports now.

Guest Marvel

I would also hope for a realistic traffic aircraft visibility, meaning you can see other traffic aircraft in their real vincinity without having to use lables. Maybe it requies a "smart scaling" method.

Guest HeavyFan

Yup i agree on the AI Traffic label thingy!! I hope the new COF will make the AI Traffic have thier NAV, Beacons, And Strobes on during the daytime hours, so we don't half to look for those Red Tags above the planes In-Flight! ANyone have any inside info on this? MIKE

Atmospheric perspective - create a specific colour sig using your monitor settings. Start point? Increase gamma 20% and add 5% more blue tint, then tweak from there.I have several different colour `warmths` set up on my monitor to cater for different weather effects. Stay away from accentuating red - it's the wavelength that is dissipated most in the atmosphere.ChasW