Sign in to follow this  
Guest marxy

Permanently disable 'Gradual Transition' on spot view

Guest marxy

Hey everyone.First time posting here but I've used the library for a couple of years :)I was just wondering if anyone knows a way to permanently disable the 'Gradual Transition' checkbox on the spotview page?Every time I boot up the sim or start a new flight I've got to uncheck it.A secondary problem is that I fly in full screen mode and have to press 'Alt' to see the menus. The sim only allows me to do this once, before it will not let me do it again for the duration of the flight! Anyone got an idea what's going on?Thanks a lot,Aryeh

Saving the gradual transition setting is the easy bit of this: it must be saved as part of your "Default" settings, i.e., all of the settings you get from the "Create a Flight" screen. You don't sound like a newb, but I'll give instructions just as a refresher.Set up everything, fav plane, fave airport/parking spot, cockpit settings (cold and dark, ready to roll, etc.), and any other settings you would like to keep for every single starting situation (this is where you'd want to uncheck that "gradual trasition" setting from the Views menu). Then, hit your semicolon (;) key to save the flight, and check the box that asks you to "Make this the defaut flight," or something like that. Name it whatever you want (I name mine "DEFAULT" to keep it obvious), and then save. All of those settings are ready to go.A word of advice: if you ever plan on adding complex aircraft addons, it's a good idea to only save default aircraft at default airports using this option; most addons require that you load them from this situation, because default gauges have to be loaded first (I've read; don't anybody jump on me if that's not correct!)As for the other situation, the menu not appearing when using the [ALT] key: I'm sorry, I can't help you with that, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly who'll know what to do!

Guest marxy

Thanks a lot for that :)I've been trying to not do this since my flight simming changes day to day - sometimes I want to fly some GA and sometimes it's the heavy metal!m Plus, this means having to change all the other settings (time, weather, location) one by one. It's probably quicket to just change the gradual transition every flight!I guess this is still a decent way to make sure the settings are saved though.

You've missed the point. Just because you've saved that as the "default.flt" doesn't mean you can't load any other flight you want. All your other flights will "inherit" the saved settings from the "default.flt"... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yeah! LOL I keep my default settings on the default 172 parked at the default KSEA, but I NEVER utilize it (unless I'm loading a complex aircraft like PMDG 737 or LVLD). From the "Create a Flight" screen, I change the plane, change the airport, adjust the time, ActiveSky takes care of weather, and I'm good to go. All of my other settings are already there for me.I wish we could get an answer for you regarding that menu problem. Maybe Opa will see this thread...

Guest marxy

Ooh!Thanks a lot for that.I'm gonna do it now - you've saved me from one of fs2004's more irritating points :(

I'm curious as to why some of you start from the FS9 default flight. I start from any saved flight and have not had problems. For example, I can load a saved PMDG 737 flight like "ALASKA 373@KBOS", and if I saved it as a 'cold & dark', that's the way it loads. Saves some preliminary steps that some of you others are taking. If there is a specific reason, I'd like to know.Jim D.

Guest marxy
I'm curious as to why some of you start from the FS9 default flight. I start from any saved flight and have not had problems. For example, I can load a saved PMDG 737 flight like "ALASKA 373@KBOS", and if I saved it as a 'cold & dark', that's the way it loads. Saves some preliminary steps that some of you others are taking. If there is a specific reason, I'd like to know.Jim D.
Jim,Since I flik and flak the whole time when I'm simming then I don't bother to load a specific saved flight.I mean, one day I'll be doing some VA stuff in an A320 from Heathrow, then later in the evening I may like to do some island hopping in Greece.I always do a create a flight anyway :)

I'm curious as to why some of you start from the FS9 default flight. Jim D.
I believe some add-on aircraft require the sim to start with a default aircraft, then change to the desired plane for all the gauges to load properly.I personally don't fly anything heavier than the Lear 45 (with very limited exceptions), however I do spend a lot of time in the Aerosoft Beaver. If I load a flight saved with the Beaver then switch to another plane that has a Garmin 430/530, clicking the frequency flip-flop switch will cause the sim to loose focus and open up the Beaver Read-me file. Weird huh?Since you use the same plane always I would assume it saves the settings it needs from flight to flight.
Since I flik and flak the whole time when I'm simming then I don't bother to load a specific saved flight.
Actually you do, when you open up the create-a-flight screen the info presented to you comes from a saved flight, one that has been saved with the box "Make this the default flight" checked. Now if you have never done this then the original out-of-the-box default flight(C172 @ KSEA) gets loaded. This flight is saved in ...\FS9\Flights\Other as FLTSIM.FLT.I think it is confusing to some that when people refer to the default flight they are not necessarily talking about the out-of-the-box default flight, but one that has been "saved as" the default flight. You can save any flight as the "default flight" and that will come up in the create-a-flight window. Any settings you save in your "default" flight will then be carried over to a different airplane if you so choose to change.Hope this clears the air a little.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif