Sign in to follow this  
Guest swanley007

MD-11 Trim Issue

Guest swanley007

Hello All;I love the MD-11. It is a great aircraft. I am having two issues though. Maybe they are both my problems. First, When I disengage the autopilot, I hear the "Autopilot" audible warning repeat continuously until I land...how do I stop it.Second, when I trim using the joystick, the trim moves to the correct position and then resets to neutral. I can't seem to get it to stay especially when switching views.Thanks for all of the help in advance!

Hi,please sign your post with your name, thanks.Glad you like the MD-11!To silence the disconnect warning just press the AP disconnect switch a second time (mouse in the VC, Z-key or whatever you have mapped on your yoke/joystick). NEVER use the switches on the FCP to disconnect the autopilot.For the trim issue, confirm after you've released the trim button the stabiliser moves back to 0 degrees as indicated on the SD?Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest swanley007

Yes, I have the issue actually with the 747-400 and the MD-11. When I release the trim it will return to 0. Seems more prominent when I move the elevator or switch views.What do you mean sign with full name?

Guest swanley007

BUMP!If you mean my real name, I hesitate to do so on a forum.