Sign in to follow this  
flacs

Best 737

Hi: Please tell me which is the best (all aspects) and most complete Boeing 737 (free or not free) for FS2004.Thanks and regards, flacs.

Hiya FlacsWell for me personally right now and this is my own personal view the best 737s addons are.737-200 series, the Tinmouse 737 which is very realistic and simulates alot for that type of aircraft. Is as good as Payware but is free.737-300,400,500 Personally for me its got to be the Wilco Pilot in Command 737. The visual model isn't the best but for everything else then its got what you want basically. 737-600-700-800 I like the PMDG version. Its being updated I think with a new version but not for a while yet. The other choice is Ariane but personally I think the price is too high and also theres seems to be more 3rd party support for the PMDG bird.I am sure other users will give you their opinions too.CheersCraig

To add to Craig's post about the PMDG 737NG series:If you both pairs as a download from PMDG or dealer, you must have the 600/700 and add if you want the 800/900. The 800/900 also updates and completes various features not implemented on the 600/700 alone such as TCAS.If you are just interested in the 800/900 alone. Aerosoft publishes a version on CD that does not require the 600/700 to be present. I bought both on CD from Aerosoft as the key delivered with the CDs transfers with them. You can also register at no cost these two products on the Aerosoft site that gives you access to the specific knowledge base for each pair and service packs. Liveries from the PMDG site can still be used.

Definitely PMDG if you're looking for an NG. It's an absolute joy to fly, bug-free and very FPS friendly. It's an excellent bargain too. The best 737 out there IMHO.

My absolute favourite is the Tinmouse 2. Hundreds of liveries, superb panel and external model.Very absorbing and realistic to fly, cockpit sounds are also excellent.10/10 and it is FREERegardsMike

737-300,400,500 Personally for me its got to be the Wilco Pilot in Command 737. The visual model isn't the best but for everything else then its got what you want basically.
When merged with the 50North visual model, this becomes a pretty decent representation of the 737 Classic. The Wilco visual model is downright awful. While I do spend most of my time "inside", I still like having an accurate representation of the aircraft's "outside" for watching replays or just seeing it parked at the gate :)

Guest greyspiders
HiThe number one is: PMDG :( Has
As for the FREE Tinmouse 737, what about a panel? FPS friendly but good- that's what we need- got any suggestions there?

As for the FREE Tinmouse 737, what about a panel? FPS friendly but good- that's what we need- got any suggestions there?
The Tinmouse II has a panel as part of the package.I personally have the Tinmouse II, Wilco/fT 737PIC, and the PMDG 737NGs and enjoy all of them. The virtual airline I flew for used to use the 737-200, 300, 400, 700, and 800. We had more 300s and 400s in the fleet than anything else and retired the 200s eventually, so I mostly few the PIC. It's a good simulation of the aircraft. The PMDG is also a good bird to fly and represents the NGs well. I hate to say which one of the three is better as they are simulating three very different generations of the aircraft who all had different engine families and cockpits. The only thing they really have in common is the hull shape.

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

I enjoy all three...PMDG 737 NG seriesWilco 737-300/400/500and the Tin Mouse IIBut I find the majority of my flights are in the PMDG 737NG series, as Onur said it's hands down the best one out there....

"The only thing they really have in common is the hull shape."Interestingly enough, that's an incorrect statement. The 737's have very similar flight characteristics from the 300 to the NGs. The only thing that is different between aircraft are the gross weights (vspeeds) and steam vs EFIS cockpit layouts, flight characteristics are very similar as are the general systems. At Continental, 737 drivers fly the 737-300,500,700,800 and 900. So on one leg you can fly the 737-300 and on the next leg fly the 737-900 and everything else in between. And since Continental has the transitional EFIS cockpit in the NG ships (which has the electronic representation of steam gauges), going from one aircraft to another is a piece of cake because they do indeed have so much in common.Regards,Mike T.

"The only thing they really have in common is the hull shape."Interestingly enough, that's an incorrect statement. The 737's have very similar flight characteristics from the 300 to the NGs. The only thing that is different between aircraft are the gross weights (vspeeds) and steam vs EFIS cockpit layouts, flight characteristics are very similar as are the general systems. At Continental, 737 drivers fly the 737-300,500,700,800 and 900. So on one leg you can fly the 737-300 and on the next leg fly the 737-900 and everything else in between. And since Continental has the transitional EFIS cockpit in the NG ships (which has the electronic representation of steam gauges), going from one aircraft to another is a piece of cake because they do indeed have so much in common.Regards,Mike T.
Yeah, my answer was sort of simplified, but not entirely incorrect. It's the fact they have the same overall shape (there was some redesign in the NG series' wings, as I recall, but the same general shape) that leads to that. ;) But, yes, I probably should have elaborated a bit more. I'm also aware of the NG's transitional panel. Midcon, the VA I flew for, actually required its use.

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Guest serhanjackson
Yeah, my answer was sort of simplified, but not entirely incorrect. It's the fact they have the same overall shape (there was some redesign in the NG series' wings, as I recall, but the same general shape) that leads to that. ;) But, yes, I probably should have elaborated a bit more. I'm also aware of the NG's transitional panel. Midcon, the VA I flew for, actually required its use.
I vote for PMDG. It's amazing. FMC, VC, Overhead. but It would be fantastic if it would have weather radar also..

Hi: Please tell me which is the best (all aspects) and most complete Boeing 737 (free or not free) for FS2004.Thanks and regards, flacs.
IMO, the two best B737

Staffan

The DF737 panel merge is OK, but you lose the EHSI which IMHO was a big part of the panel. You do get the FMS though.