Sign in to follow this  
TTurbo

Why the 2D panel seems like this?

Hi Folks,why the panel seems like this in night time?.Note That,i had moved down in order to have a better view of the panel issue contrasting the background.DOME LIGHTS are off,only turning the panel flood light in the glareshield,as you can see the issue is on the up border,alert lights and the fllod knob.Why?.Thanks.Alex.Edit: FS9 Version,windows XP.

That smear looks like a video driver/card problem. Not sure anyone else has reported anything like it.Are you in full screen? Try window mode then back again?What kind of video card do you have?

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi GEFORCE 8500GT without any problem in fs9,also not problem with other addons,i had check and uncheck all graphics options in fs9,also change and recheck enhancer configuration,and for last try to changing the screen resolutions in fs9,and going thru windowed and full screen mode,but nothing happens.Anybody can check this in fs9 as the pic shows???.I

Doesn't happen with FS9 in Vista with ATI4870. Maybe someone else can duplicate it?

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi again,in the correct position still getting the flood light knob problem (see screenshot,red circle around knob) i say again in correct position for now.If i go out and then go into sim again pressing alt+tab looks ok,also if i press DIM,but when selecting flood light intensity again in the knob the error comes.It

The dot residuals is a known issue. If you assign a key to the PMDG command "Reload colors" (in "various" section), you can use it to force a redraw that might remove these dots. (BTW, here is a undocumented tip: each time you use the "reload colors" command the pilot faces will randomly change).The problem here is during night when through some color transformations some parts of panel windows result to what the FS drawing engine conceives as transparency (pure black). In the first screenshot in this post, the problem is much more serious than the few dots, because the glareshield window is moved to different position where the background on which it redraws is different. In the normal position it redraws on top of the previous state of the same panel window, so the parts that become transparent are drawn exactly on top of the same panel window and there is no visible difference for most of the areas. We are investigating this problem. It seems it is not the same for everyone, some users never or rarely see that, other see that more often. In any case there is no reason to move the glareshield panel away from the position it is designed to be placed. If you want to undock it and move it to another monitor, you can instead assign the relevant PMDG keyboard command ("panel windows" section), that will display a panel window designed to function as a pop-up.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Thanks sir,may be my graphics card drivers?(NVIDIA GEFORCE 8500 GT),graphic card?or any nhancer configuration?.Any suggestion will be welcome,anyway thanks sir for tip suggestion. Keep up the great support.Alex.

Hi again!,those days i has been checking a lot of graphics options but nothing is solved.I had update my nvidia drivers to last version,with nhancer,but still having this issue.I like so much to fly during the night with the flood lights. :( Why some people as i can see in the forum screens not have this problem?.My graphics card is a GEFORCE 8500GT with lst drivers and last directx,windows xp and fs9,very frustrating some users with the same configuration(not graphic card)but fs9,windows xp,etc,not have this porblem.Any suggestion?.Alex.