Sign in to follow this  
Holclo

737NG OMI Marker Beacons

OK guys the basic PMDG 737NG (not the 800/900) How can I get the OMI Beacons activated? I have looked in the Radio Panel (2D) and can not see a MKR button. Where is it? A screenshot would really help.Bill

The marker beacon receivers are always on. The audio can be turned on with the MKR button on the audio control panel, located below the COM/NAV radios on on console.

Dan Downs KCRP

Press the button marked "MKR" shown here, boxed in red. A yellow diamond will appear like CABIN and VHF1 have. Then you'll hear the marker sounds.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Thanks for replies. I run exclusively in the 2D view mode and hadn't seen this panel before. In virtual cockpit mode the audio panel is "dead" and none of the buttons/switches react to any mouse clicks. Is there something else I need to do to activate this panelBill

Thanks for replies. I run exclusively in the 2D view mode and hadn't seen this panel before. In virtual cockpit mode the audio panel is "dead" and none of the buttons/switches react to any mouse clicks. Is there something else I need to do to activate this panelBill
It is your radio panel, nothing more. in 2d mode, just open the radio panel.

Peter Schluter

It is your radio panel, nothing more. in 2d mode, just open the radio panel.
That panel doesn't appear when I open the Radio Stack.Bill

Is that the panel you see using the panel switcher R key or are you using the msfs view options menu?

Dan Downs KCRP

DanI get this panel when I use the "R" key and also when I use the MSFS pulldown view menu. Bill

DanI get this panel when I use the "R" key and also when I use the MSFS pulldown view menu. Bill
What do you get when you press the "R" button on the window selector?

I get the panel whose picture I posted whenever I select "R" from the MZALORFTI selector and also from the MSFS pulldown Views.Bill

I'm thinking you don't have the 800/900 models? If not, then I don't remember how it was done before the upgrade was available.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I'm thinking you don't have the 800/900 models? If not, then I don't remember how it was done before the upgrade was available.
ChrisI did say in my first post that I did not have the 800/900. Maybe it is not possible in the 600/700.Bill

Have done some more searching and it would appear that this is an MSFS problem and not PMDG. Could be to do with faulty/not complete scenery installs. I added a new airport tonight and sure enough the outer and inner beacons were chirping merrily as I flew the approach in the PMDG 600. Hope I didn't waste anyones time and maybe some others will learn from this.Bill

ChrisI did say in my first post that I did not have the 800/900. Maybe it is not possible in the 600/700.Bill
Sorry about that, I missed that part. I could of swore you could turn the marker sounds on and off in the original NG release, I just don't recall and it's been years.

- Chris

I don't want to go off topic here Bill but if you are flying in and out of an airport that has marker beacons in RL but not in FS you can add them with the Afcad program.