Sign in to follow this  
spesimen

Temperature bug revisited

Hi, I was flying last night from KATL->KMCD and got the strange temperature bug again, where I was cruising normally at FL380 when the external temperature suddenly jumped to 75F (and ISA +129F).This has happened only rarely to me and I can't figure out how to recreate it with any regularity, i've only seen it 3 times over around 30 flights. One thing that was different is that the other two times it happened i refreshed weather and the temperature reverted to what was shown in the station data, but this time that didn't seem to help. This is using the new beta service pack.I noticed a bit of error messages in the simconnect log around the time it occured (about 6am) so i attached them, maybe it is useful information for you guys.cheers!-andy crosby

Hi,Just a note that we are looking into this.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Not sure if this info will help but I experienced the temp bug today as well and it seemed to occur during the automatic thermal generation.Sorry if this has been noted before.Barry

Here too...currently showing +30C climbing to FL340 over Scotland. Temps are ranging from -10 to +30 for 1 hour so far. ASA Build 355.

Please quote what version (build) of ASA you are using when you reply to post's.Thanks.

Cheers, Andy.

My apologies...I was using beta build 355. Of note is the fact that autopilot hunting was not happening today with the PMDG MD11...Im just hoping I dont lose weather over the Atlantic again as I did last night.

Sometimes you can go for hours and FSX doesn't suffer from the weird wind shifts that you see, this can be the case even if you are just using the default FSX real-time weather engine. You were probably just lucky for that flight.

Cheers, Andy.