Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

Landclass for Canada?...

Guest abent

Just wondering if anyone is creating landclass files for Canada. I've seen a file for BC, but was wondering if we will see all of Canada done, or at least more parts of it.Thanks, Adam

Hi Adam, FSProject has land class for all of Canada. I haven't tried it so I can't comment. They also have two sets of terrain mesh for Canada, Gia mesh and SRTM mesh. http://www.fsproject.com/. I downloaded a sample of the Canadian SRTM mesh (it's here on Avsim) and it is very good. I'm thinking of joining their map server, which lets you download everything they have.

Guest Hugo

Hi Adam!Raimondo Taburet at FSFreeware(!!) has made one (canadalc.zip payware-14.99US)I ordered. Unfortunately it covers only the area above n 50.37, that is, slightly below James Bay latitude going north. :-(It misses most of the farm land towns villages and capitals, except for Edmonton. As most of the enhabited area is below N50.37 mainly in Ontario to the Atlanctic provinces, I found it of no use for my needs. Mr Taburet acknowled this fact and agreed to reemburse me. I can't say if he has since upgraded it to cover the whole area.FsGenesis USLanclass demo ver 6 does include a nice chunk of Ontario's southern part but messes badly the Montreal area.Hope someone will come up with a good one as I think that lately new datas have been made available to developpers.Hugo

Someone needs to do some landclass for the maritimes - Nova Scotia's cape split is a flat piece of land in FS!!

Guest Hugo

>Someone needs to do some landclass for the maritimes ... and don't you forget Quebec ;-)

Guest abent

Thanks a lot gents for the info. I checked out mapserver and may take the 5 day trial to see what all they have available. Unfortunately I have a very slow dialup connection so large file downloads are sort of out of the question.Thanks again, Adam

Guest abent

Hang on Ken. I'll find a more direct link. SorryAdam

>and don't you forget QuebecThe FRENCH ROCK!!

Guest abent

No problemo. Ken, should you download and apply what Canadian landclass is offered, could you give me your impressions of it? I am thinking also about mesh. I've never applied any mesh as the files are usually quite big and d/l times are LOOOONG! I may bite the bullet however and download a bit to try.Adam