Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest chibrsfan

Captain Sim 757 Panel Merge?

I did a search and found some close-to-related entries, but has anyone tried to do the LDS 767 and CS 757 merge? I would think that an incredible aircraft could be made with the CS 757 exterior and the LDS 767 FMC/Cockpit. (Especially the FMC becuase CS's is absolutely horrendous).Just curious if anyone has tried this...and yes, the CS 757 is a constant CTD when programming the FMC. What a waste of a good airplane.JB

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have you tried using FSUIPC 4.30 instead of the one supplied with the software? My CDU (FMC) functions perfectly now since replacing the FSUIPC file.TrafficPilot

I did a search and found some close-to-related entries, but has anyone tried to do the LDS 767 and CS 757 merge? I would think that an incredible aircraft could be made with the CS 757 exterior and the LDS 767 FMC/Cockpit. (Especially the FMC becuase CS's is absolutely horrendous).Just curious if anyone has tried this...and yes, the CS 757 is a constant CTD when programming the FMC. What a waste of a good airplane.JB

Have you tried using FSUIPC 4.30 instead of the one supplied with the software? My CDU (FMC) functions perfectly now since replacing the FSUIPC file.TrafficPilot
Thanks for the reply, I have tried that with the same result. What I am more interested in is the functionality of the LDS 767 FMC. The captain sim FMC is very, very basic...does not include such items as the ability to "sequence" an approach, manage discontinuities, Abeam, FIX, and many, many other options. Also the LNAV/VNAV system is a mess. I try to get very in depth with the FMC and the CS one is simply a "show-floor" model.

Ah! I see what you mean. I'm finding the CS CDU quite good although I haven't tried modifying flight plans properly yet.When you say "manage discontinuities" do you mean how to delete them if they appear on the LEGS page? If so - you just click on the next leg on the LSK below and then click back on the discontinuity item. This removes the discontinuity.I'll have a go at some "abeam" and "fix" items tonight.I also have the LD767 so will see if I can find a way to merge it into the CS folder somehow.Are you using FSX or FS2004?AdamTrafficPilot

Thanks for the reply, I have tried that with the same result. What I am more interested in is the functionality of the LDS 767 FMC. The captain sim FMC is very, very basic...does not include such items as the ability to "sequence" an approach, manage discontinuities, Abeam, FIX, and many, many other options. Also the LNAV/VNAV system is a mess. I try to get very in depth with the FMC and the CS one is simply a "show-floor" model.