Sign in to follow this  
hawkhero

nHancer and crash to desktop?

Would nHancer cause FSX to cause a "fatal error" and restart FSX? This was the last thing I added to FSX I was running HIFI's ASA weather program and was 30min into a flight whenit happened. It did it again around 40min. Did not use ASA and FSX ran for 1 hour ok. Tonite I deleted nHancer and ran FSX and ASA for over an hour and it was ok. Not sure what to do.Greg Problem signatureProblem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: fsx.exeApplication Version: 10.0.61637.0Application Timestamp: 46fadb14Fault Module Name: ai_player.dllFault Module Version: 10.0.61637.0Fault Module Timestamp: 46fadb57Exception Code: c0000005Exception Offset: 0001c135OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3Locale ID: 1033

nHancer only configures your NVIDIA GPU and will not in itself cause FSX to crash. Each time that FSX crashed was ai_player.dll the faulting module?? or was each crash different?

Would nHancer cause FSX to cause a "fatal error" and restart FSX? This was the last thing I added to FSX I was running HIFI's ASA weather program and was 30min into a flight whenit happened. It did it again around 40min. Did not use ASA and FSX ran for 1 hour ok. Tonite I deleted nHancer and ran FSX and ASA for over an hour and it was ok. Not sure what to do.Greg
Did you upgrade ASA yet, Greg? It suffered with a memory leak, and has just been fixed a few days ago, and you just might have missed it.Hope this is the fix. I have used nHancer for a long time without issue. :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

You dont need nhancer running anyway, it sets all the changes to registry so only need to be run when doing changes.

Guest Nick_N
You dont need nhancer running anyway, it sets all the changes to registry so only need to be run when doing changes.
Not completely true with Vista, the service must run for admin rights in changesYou must at least have installed the SERVICE and it must be running when installing Nhancer to Vista. In XP the service is not neededHowever in both cases the user can disable the boot with Windows and Icon option for the tray and simply launch Nhancer when neededAnd it is also important that any change made for the FSX profile be duplicated for the Global profile. Nvidia drivers in the past have caused strange issues with Nhancer and FSX when only the FSX profile is changed. For other games use the profiles and edit them or make a new one if the game is not in the list but always make sure Gobal and Profile are set the same as you may make changes in NhancerThe ONLY item that needs to be changed in Nhancer is AA after the correct setup of Nhancer has been established (see Nhancer setup in the link below) however most will find Combined 8xS (not 8xSQ or 8xQ those are hard hitting) work best for FSX visual clarity and shimmer removal.. http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041As for the crash.. that looks to be something to do with AI traffic

I did add Traffic X last week!
And it appears that your crashes are air traffic related........

And it appears that your crashes are air traffic related........
Here is the latest one after I removed Traffic X and ran FSX for 2 hours:Problem signatureProblem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: fsx.exeApplication Version: 10.0.61637.0Application Timestamp: 46fadb14Fault Module Name: window.dllFault Module Version: 10.0.61637.0Fault Module Timestamp: 46fadb59Exception Code: c0000005Exception Offset: 0000c4a3OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3Locale ID: 1033Extra information about the problemLCID: 1033Bucket ID: 548700258