Sign in to follow this  
Guest lkn

Important question about the realism of the engine weather

Guest lkn

Hello,As we can read everywhere ASA it's a really good addon and good for the realism weather engine,for my opinion,i appreciate this addon,i'm a old custumer..i also bought REX to compare the weather engine and to use the textures with ASAWell,also that say ASA is very realistic,but my question is ,what's happen if i fly with a Cessna 172 inside a cumulonimbus or inside a thunderstorm ?I'm flying in the real life,and i don't want to have this experience because it will be certainely my last flight...So i use the real weather engine in ASA, since i bought it i didn't meet any thunderstorm by luck,and i hope i will have to avoid the monster on my road,first it will be more funny for all and very instructive for the hard-core simmers who wants to approch the real life, (FSX is not a game boy,it is a real instrument to learn the base of flying lesson and more !!)You know that,actually you can use a Cessna 172 as a 747 and fly in all weathers without any dammage,any problem,any rerouting because of the bad weather conditions on the airport destination due to the low visibity for exemple,except if you are authorized for a CAT 3 approch or if you have the "minima" 200 ft CAT 1,So if an weather addon don't propose this base to fly almost in the "real conditions" (flight plan also depends of the weather )we can not say that it is realistic.As u know we absolutly need to considerate the weather first before flying of course that's the base of the base...Well i hope with ASA it's or it will be on this way...Who knows huh.gif??Thanks for your answer and good flight Lkn

Hi,Thanks for the words!I guess what you are asking is can we realistically recreate what would happen if you flew a small plane into a huge storm cloud?As far as I know the answer is no, we cannot, based on the base program we are tying into, FS. It would require a system that is so precise that we could track a plane's and a cloud's position so accurately that we could then inject those intense conditions. We do however generate storm conditions when the METAR data reflect those conditions, so look for some heavy summer storms right now in the Southern Hemisphere or some heavy winter conditions in the Northern Hemisphere. Take a little plane up and see that you will get tossed around pretty good! The ASA results may surprize you!!Thanks,

Guest lkn
Hi,Thanks for the words!I guess what you are asking is can we realistically recreate what would happen if you flew a small plane into a huge storm cloud?As far as I know the answer is no, we cannot, based on the base program we are tying into, FS. It would require a system that is so precise that we could track a plane's and a cloud's position so accurately that we could then inject those intense conditions. We do however generate storm conditions when the METAR data reflect those conditions, so look for some heavy summer storms right now in the Southern Hemisphere or some heavy winter conditions in the Northern Hemisphere. Take a little plane up and see that you will get tossed around pretty good! The ASA results may surprize you!!Thanks,
Hello,As we can read everywhere ASA it's a really good addon and good for the realism weather engine,for my opinion,i appreciate this addon,i'm a old custumer..i also bought REX to compare the weather engine and to use the textures with ASAWell,also that say ASA is very realistic,but my question is ,what's happen if i fly with a Cessna 172 inside a cumulonimbus or inside a thunderstorm ?I'm flying in the real life,and i don't want to have this experience because it will be certainely my last flight...So i use the real weather engine in ASA, since i bought it i didn't meet any thunderstorm by luck,and i hope i will have to avoid the monster on my road,first it will be more funny for all and very instructive for the hard-core simmers who wants to approch the real life, (FSX is not a game boy,it is a real instrument to learn the base of flying lesson and more !!)You know that,actually you can use a Cessna 172 as a 747 and fly in all weathers without any dammage,any problem,any rerouting because of the bad weather conditions on the airport destination due to the low visibity for exemple,except if you are authorized for a CAT 3 approch or if you have the "minima" 200 ft CAT 1,So if an weather addon don't propose this base to fly almost in the "real conditions" (flight plan also depends of the weather )we can not say that it is realistic.As u know we absolutly need to considerate the weather first before flying of course that's the base of the base...Well i hope with ASA it's or it will be on this way...Who knows huh.gif??Thanks for your answer and good flight Lkn
Hi Jim,Thanks for your answer i will try it !And congratulations for ASALkn

Guest lkn

Hi Jim,Thanks for your answer i will try it !And congratulations for ASALkn(sorry for the last post i made an error u received the same first message)