Sign in to follow this  
Guest paveodie

FS9 MD-11 changing panel configurations

Guest paveodie

I know I this has to be a huge operator error issue on my side. I am trying to have the aircraft placed at a gate at the panel config of ready to start engines. Exactly how to get this done has slipped my dead-cat like reflexes to this point.I load the aircraft at the gate I chose through FS9. The acft is normally running and ready for p/b after it loads in FS. So, I then go to the panel state option in the PMDG pull-down and load the "before starting engines" panel, however, the engines remain running and nothing changes. Now I know I have to be doing something drastically wrong here (prob bad habit transfer in doing it like other payware models that do it this way) but I cannot find the exact sequence on how to accomplish this (yes even after reading through).Can anyone help with this simple one?Thanks in advance!Trevor

I know I this has to be a huge operator error issue on my side. I am trying to have the aircraft placed at a gate at the panel config of ready to start engines. Exactly how to get this done has slipped my dead-cat like reflexes to this point.I load the aircraft at the gate I chose through FS9. The acft is normally running and ready for p/b after it loads in FS. So, I then go to the panel state option in the PMDG pull-down and load the "before starting engines" panel, however, the engines remain running and nothing changes. Now I know I have to be doing something drastically wrong here (prob bad habit transfer in doing it like other payware models that do it this way) but I cannot find the exact sequence on how to accomplish this (yes even after reading through).Can anyone help with this simple one?Thanks in advance!Trevor
Trevor,Actually you are doing everything fine. Loading the "before engines start" fro0m the PMDG menu should be ok. Are you sure the engines are running after that? They will not shut down immediately, there is a spool down period. You will also have power, DUs (PFD, ND, etc) will work etc. because this panel state comes with the APU on and running. So maybe the engines are indeed off, but you think they are still running? Try loading the "cold and dark" panel state instead. Is this working for you (DUs will become black, and the aircraft will be unpowered).

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest paveodie

Michael,When I select "Before Starting Engines" panel config, the acft is definitely running with engines up (tested with throttles to spool the engines up etc) and all systems running. I checked things against the "After engine start" config and they looked identical. Same with all the screens. If I use the before starting engines panel config and just shut the engines down...then everthing does go black as there is no APU running. So they two configs seem the same.Just testing, I changed from Before Starting Engines to Cold & Dark and that panel config went dark, screens black, no sound. Then when I tried to go back to Before Starting Engines config, it actually started the engines back up. So I am a little perplexed here...corrupted install? When I looked at short ground turn config, that one had engines off, apu up and running etc.Anything else I can try here? I REALLY WAS hoping it was just operator error.cheersTrevor O'Day

Michael,When I select "Before Starting Engines" panel config, the acft is definitely running with engines up (tested with throttles to spool the engines up etc) and all systems running. I checked things against the "After engine start" config and they looked identical. Same with all the screens. If I use the before starting engines panel config and just shut the engines down...then everthing does go black as there is no APU running. So they two configs seem the same.Just testing, I changed from Before Starting Engines to Cold & Dark and that panel config went dark, screens black, no sound. Then when I tried to go back to Before Starting Engines config, it actually started the engines back up. So I am a little perplexed here...corrupted install? When I looked at short ground turn config, that one had engines off, apu up and running etc.Anything else I can try here? I REALLY WAS hoping it was just operator error.cheersTrevor O'Day
Trevor,The only thing that could explain this, would be that by mistake you have overwritten the "before engine start" panel state file. Maybe while trying to save a panel state with engines running, you selected the "before engine start" in the PMDG menu? I am attaching the correct "before engine start" panel state file. Place it in the {FS9}\PMDG\MD11\PanelState folder and give it a try.

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

Guest paveodie

Michael,In my panel config folder, most of the names follow "PMDG MD-11 Before Engine Start.sav"...yours says 3 eng running. I tried loading yours anyway but nothing changed. Verify that is indeed the correct one (name doesn't seem right).Trevor

Michael,In my panel config folder, most of the names follow "PMDG MD-11 Before Engine Start.sav"...yours says 3 eng running. I tried loading yours anyway but nothing changed. Verify that is indeed the correct one (name doesn't seem right).Trevor
Sorry, here is the correct one

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

Guest paveodie

Michael,That did the trick! Somehow I had overwritten the file (and not to sure how at this point); however, You nailed it on the head.Thanks so much for the quick and great support! Love the complexity of this bird...Kudos to the team for it's development!going flying now....Trevor

Guest JaredA

I'm curious if anyone has had this happen, if we need pics I'll get them, but here is something I just had happen, I added the FedEx old colors paint which was a GE engine version, I also added another paint for the GE F model MD-11 after selecting Wide Screen as the panel config and saved, I start FS9 and load the MD-11F with the already installed paint, the panel is in wide screen, ok great now I select the FedEx paint MD-11F and the panel is in the NORMAL config. The PW engine models are all ok. ODD!!