Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Heathrow Airport

SimWings Mega Airport Heathrow, or UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme? Which one should I buy?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

welllll the choice is narrowed down if u run fsx,,,,uk2000 heathrow for fsx aint out yet,,,,soon hopefully.As with all aerosoft addon sceneries make sure you have a powerful computer cos it will take a hit when in and around heathrow.Andrew

My PC spec is listed below......Asus P5K-SE motherboardIntel Core 2 Quad Q95504GB PC2-8500 RAM512MB GeForce 9800GTSoundBlaster X-Fi500GB SATA-II HDDDoes anyone here have the SimWings Mega Airport Heathrow scenery installed? If so, how well does it run on your system?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have Aerosoft Heathrow in FSX and it works OK for me, even with aircraft such as Level-D 767. My machine specs are similar to yoursQ9550 @ 3.6 GHzGigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R4 GB RAM8800 GTSVista x64RegardsPhil

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

I forgot to add that I use Windows Vista64, and my Q9550 runs at the stock frequency of 2.83Ghz.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Tingoose

UK 2000 is available for FSX as well as FS9, and is also now AES compatible

UK 2000 is available for FSX as well as FS9, and is also now AES compatible
There's a cut down version of EGLL in the UK2000 VFR Airfields Volume 1 collection. I like that, since reduction in clutter gives a boost to performance translating for me to more AI aircraft.

Since I'm also interested in other UK airports, it might be a good idea to buy VFR Real Airfields Volume 1, and then see if I want a more detailed Heathrow/Gatwick/Bristol.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have the Mega EGLL and it's ok, the only problem I have is the aircraft overlap at many gates. I'm hoping the UK2000 scenery solves this issue! Take a look at my EGLL tour video below to see what I'm talking about.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Thanks for the information and video. I assume that all of those nice looking planes are courtesy of an AI package. Which one do you use, and are you satisfied with it?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks for the information and video. I assume that all of those nice looking planes are courtesy of an AI package. Which one do you use, and are you satisfied with it?
It's World Of AI (Freeware)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I think the problem with overlapping wings is less to do with the airport design than with the World of AI traffic you are using. I use World of AI too and had overlapping wings at many airports until I increased the wingspans in the cfg files. For example the narrow wingspans on the WoAI 747s (not sure why this is but maybe something to do with World of AI being for FS2004 as well??) mean they tend to park at gates that are too small for them. If you increase the wingspan values the overlapping problem should be no more.Jon