Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LuisFelizTirado

We're having a heat wave!

Went to the beach yesterday.My heart goes out to all those suffering from Arctic weather. Boy, am I glad I don't live in New York or Chicago anymore.Best regards.Luis

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Went to the beach yesterday.My heart goes out to all those suffering from Arctic weather. Boy, am I glad I don't live in New York or Chicago anymore.
Luis, has anyone every told you that you suck?!?! The least you could have done is offer your spare bedroom for those of us northerners looking for some heat... :( The high in central Virginia on Friday is forecasted to be 20 degrees F.

I don't know why you are complaining, Tom, it is 40 below in Minnesota! But then again, my brother who lives in NYC where it is also 20 degrees at the moment called me a few days ago and pressed me to go visit. While I politely declined, I could not help thinking that he has lost touch with reality - I am in shirt sleeves now and would give that up to go freeze my private parts? No, thank you. By the way, I thought it was global warming, not global freezing.Anyway, you and your wife are most definitely welcome if you should ever decide to visit, or in the unlikely event you should come here on business, or even less probably the Avsim FanCon were to be held in hot places. Here are some breakfast scenes:Best regards.Luis

I don't know why you are complaining, Tom, it is 40 below in Minnesota! But then again, my brother who lives in NYC where it is also 20 degrees at the moment called me a few days ago and pressed me to go visit. While I politely declined, I could not help thinking that he has lost touch with reality - I am in shirt sleeves now and would give that up to go freeze my private parts? No, thank you. By the way, I thought it was global warming, not global freezing.Anyway, you and your wife are most definitely welcome if you should ever decide to visit, or in the unlikely event you should come here on business, or even less probably the Avsim FanCon were to be held in hot places. Here are some breakfast scenes:Best regards.Luis
Are those feathered things pets Luis, or do they just wander out of the jungle and share your space (seeing the fence, I would guess pets)? My parents, in their retirement, somehow inherited one of those guys, and though he was beautiful, he was the most blood curdling thing you would have ever imagined in a nightmare. The breakfast setting is, well, confirmation... You do suck! (Lots of fruit apparently).... :( Now if I could find a smiley that equated to "green with envy" it would be inserted here.

Am I invited too?The high here in Detroit today is 11-but the next two days the high will be 9 and 8.Rub it in Luis! :(Makes me so grumpy all I can do is sit around and complain about autogen!Global warming and y2k seem about one and the same to me-but then I didn't invent the internet.

Those idyllic tropical scenes look inviting! I now have accumulated 29 years in West Texas. I can tire on occasion of the sudden cold winds brought by storms out of the north. I can tire on occasion from triple digit (F) heat. In exchange for all that, I get something I seldom got to see in the north eastern United States, or other places I have hung my hat.The beautiful West Texas sunsets.I don't have the varied animal companions that you do, Brother Luis. I am down to but one dog, Squeek The Destructo Dog. She has improved greatly, and now only resides in her cage as a matter of her choice. I have not yet started to take her about with me on my daily business as the late Brother Maynard was fond to do. But that will come. Perhaps even she will go to work with me. I don't think I can pawn her off on the unsuspecting folk as "my special police dog" as I once did Brother Maynard.I awake every morning to a back yard full of mourning doves, who avail themselves of Squeek's dog food dish in her absence. And the grey squirrels have moved out of gunshot range, but still within barking range of Squeek.My only substitute for the warm waters is my jacuzzi on the back porch. Now if I could fashion some sort of hood and shoulder cape to wear whilst partially submerged, I would be in tall cotton as they say!Doc Bryant

Hey Luis-Just want you to picture me walking my wife's dog tonight. The dog will not go to the bathroom unless it has a walk.It is -4 right now. Can you imagine what happens at that temp-on a lot of levels?... :( Not fun-I need some peacocks and fruit right about now...or at least a couple of exploded frozen beers from the garage!

Really, I feel great compassion and sympathy for all of you. I lived in Chicago during the coldest years of the past century when it was 40 below for two Winters in a row. With the humidity from the lake rolling in at night, I would awaken to 8 inches of solid ice covering everything. From which my determination to leave that behind forever.Just curious, Geof, and I am sure that it occurred to everybody here, when your dog urinates in minus temperatures, does it freeze as it comes out? :( That might hurt.Best regards.Luis