Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Saitak Throttle Setup

A few weeks ago someone asked this question, I've read the 2 answers that were given but still need more help."I've bought a combined unit of the saitek yoke and throttle. The throttle connects to the main unit via a ps2 port (like an old mouse port) rather than the usb. The power light on the quadrant is on. I cannot for the life of me work out how to setup and configure the throttle quadrant." The THROTTLE works fine. The MIXTURE CONTROL does nothing and the PROP CONTROL works the RUDDERS. I have taken my Flight Stick OFF of the computer, running FS2004 and Windows XP Pro. Within FS2004 up at the top under CONTROLERS the Saitak YOKE and Saitak PEDALS are listed but NOT the THROTTLE SYSTEM. All software has been loaded.Two people answered the other guy when he asked this question and WHAT TO DO was given; I need HOW TO DO IT. I've read the manual that came with it but still cannt figgure it out. I also have the registered version of FSUIPC 3.80. Also, I have not as yet set up the YOKE, I'm trying to figgure out the THROTTLES problem first. Thanks jerrycwo4

FS will not see the Saitek quad as a separate joystick as it's plugged into the yoke. So just make all your axis assignments in FS per usual, then calibrate in FSUIPC.BTW, I use only the Saitek driver software.Jim Harnes

The standalone throttle is USB and registers as Saitek Throttle, the one that comes with the yoke is PS/2 and registers as part of the flight yoke.

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

A few weeks ago someone asked this question, I've read the 2 answers that were given but still need more help."I've bought a combined unit of the saitek yoke and throttle. The throttle connects to the main unit via a ps2 port (like an old mouse port) rather than the usb. The power light on the quadrant is on. I cannot for the life of me work out how to setup and configure the throttle quadrant." The THROTTLE works fine. The MIXTURE CONTROL does nothing and the PROP CONTROL works the RUDDERS. I have taken my Flight Stick OFF of the computer, running FS2004 and Windows XP Pro. Within FS2004 up at the top under CONTROLERS the Saitak YOKE and Saitak PEDALS are listed but NOT the THROTTLE SYSTEM. All software has been loaded.Two people answered the other guy when he asked this question and WHAT TO DO was given; I need HOW TO DO IT. I've read the manual that came with it but still cannt figgure it out. I also have the registered version of FSUIPC 3.80. Also, I have not as yet set up the YOKE, I'm trying to figgure out the THROTTLES problem first. Thanks jerrycwo4
Jerry,I did not see the original post but I am running a CH Yoke, CH pedals and two sets of Saitek throttles (6 levers total). All are USB. I bought the thottles to run 4 engine Capt Sim C-130 and 2 engine Boeing with spoiler and flap.I purchased FSUIPC and run all devices thru that, having disabled joysticks in FS9.First assign the Axis, then calibrate. Let me know if you need help Assigning.CalibrateWhen on the FSUIPC page for the throttles (Page 3 of 11; Joystick calibration tab), I usually calibrate them all at the same time. So, I set the positon for each throttle, then press the buttons for those engines.1. Bring the throttles back to the stops (I'll call it full reverse). Press the "Reverse" button for each engine.2. Set the throttle positions to upper IDLE, press the "IDLE" button once.( I use the 25% mark on the Throttle levers.)3. Set the throttle positions to lower IDLE, press the "IDLE" button once.( I use the 0% mark on the Throttle levers.)4. Set the throttle positions to MAX (full forward), press the "MAX" button for each engine.My IDLE area is quite large but I do it like that to prevent unintended REVERSE commands.I hope this helps. Feel free to PM me.

Jerry,I did not see the original post but I am running a CH Yoke, CH pedals and two sets of Saitek throttles (6 levers total). All are USB. I bought the thottles to run 4 engine Capt Sim C-130 and 2 engine Boeing with spoiler and flap.
The stand alone throttles, like you have, are USB. One comes with the Saitek Yoke that looks just like the stand alone units, but plugs into the yoke via a PS/2 style port so those three levers are registered as part of the yoke. His problem is that he's been looking for the quadrant to show up as it's own joystick in the settings when it is actually part of the yoke. I have both the Saitek Yoke/Throttle and a stand alone Throttle Quadrant and quickly realized this.I've since purchased FSUIPC and used it for my settings as it allows me to set up feathering and reversers for each engine whereas FS only allows me to set one to reverse all or feather all. I also like that I can set up the axes for separate aircraft so that I do not need to keep switching them for single engine props, twin-engine props, and twin/tri/quad jet set ups - other than changing the heads on the yoke, which is quick and easy compared to re-assigning axes.

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Readin this thread, maybe ill give the throttle quad another shot.Ive had such a problem trying to get it to work properly with my leveld sim, I eventually just put it away and never used it.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I was playing around with Vista x64 and FSX. I installed the latest Saitek Yoke x64 driver from Saitek's web site (6.0.6.5). It appeared to work OK in the control panel/ game controller cpl. When I started FSX, I went to the controls settings and the axis assignment page and tried to set up the axes. What I found, was that to FSX both lever 1 and lever 3 are seen as "Z Axis". This is a major problem as it results in only one or the other of these being assignable.So I went into the device manager and backed-out the Saitek driver so now the Yoke is using the default Microsoft vista driver. I didn't see any change in the control panel, but now in FSX when I try to assign the levers, lever 1 is the Z axis and lever 3 is Y Rotation Axis. This is correct and so I could assign lever 1, Z axis, to throttle axis and lever 3, Y rotation axis, to mixture axis. With either driver, lever 2, X rotation axis, is properly identified and can be assigned to propeller axis.My conclusion is there is some problem with the Saitek driver, at least in Vista x64. My recommendation is that you remove the Saitek driver if installed, and try again. If you do this the SD6 SST profiling software won't work, but I haven't experimented with the profiler yet. It could be if you install the SD6 software everything will work.scott s..