Sign in to follow this  
Guest melf12

Edit Fs9 .wav Files?

Guest melf12

I'm trying to Edit a .wav file, this file is in my aircraft/Sound file. There is, or should be, a speed restriction which I want to change.Is there a way of opening this .wav file?Ken

I'm trying to Edit a .wav file, this file is in my aircraft/Sound file. There is, or should be, a speed restriction which I want to change.Is there a way of opening this .wav file?Ken
Since a .wav file is a "sound" file, you would need to use a sound editor to edit it. Not sure what you have in mind, but such editing will usually be limited to manipulating the characterics of the sound you hear - such as it's volume. :(

Guest melf12
please tell more about the changes you want to make.

Guest melf12

Hello David and stabell,I thought that I was going to get away with just the "Bare necessities" :)As I was browsing through my Fs9 folder I found a Word.doc from Joe Maciejewski concerning adding 'rumble' sounds to B777 aircraft. Since I have the PSS B772LR I thought I'd add it. I gave it a try this morning but the results did not come up to expectations! Investigating further it seems there rumble effects start at speeds of over 160 kts, this is much faster than I rollout at. It 'seemed' an easy matter to open the .wav file and adjust the speed? Not so, I found.I have checked the sound.cfg, there is nothing in that about speeds. So I'm stuck for ideas.Ken

Hello David and stabell,I thought that I was going to get away with just the "Bare necessities" :)As I was browsing through my Fs9 folder I found a Word.doc from Joe Maciejewski concerning adding 'rumble' sounds to B777 aircraft. Since I have the PSS B772LR I thought I'd add it. I gave it a try this morning but the results did not come up to expectations! Investigating further it seems there rumble effects start at speeds of over 160 kts, this is much faster than I rollout at. It 'seemed' an easy matter to open the .wav file and adjust the speed? Not so, I found.I have checked the sound.cfg, there is nothing in that about speeds. So I'm stuck for ideas.Ken
Right - the wav file is just the sound (in this case the rumbling). Somewhere, in one of the cfgs there should be some data which controls when that sound is invoked - i.e. the speed.I would think the documentation you mention would address that.Good hunting!

Guest melf12
Right - the wav file is just the sound (in this case the rumbling). Somewhere, in one of the cfgs there should be some data which controls when that sound is invoked - i.e. the speed.I would think the documentation you mention would address that.Good hunting!
Thanks David, I've now retrieved the original file post by Joe in 2004!!I'll let you know what happens,Ken

Guest melf12

Hi David,I increased the volume, all is fine.Thank you for your help,Ken

Thanks David, I've now retrieved the original file post by Joe in 2004!!I'll let you know what happens,Ken
Hi David,I increased the volume, all is fine.Thank you for your help,Ken