Sign in to follow this  
Guest danc444

Error accessing internal components

Guest danc444

I'm running AS6.5/Vista/FSX and every time I start up AS6.5 I get the following message: "Error accessing internal components (Unencrypt step 4-. Please run the 'Repair' option via the ASv6 setup.exe to replace required files."So I run the repair tool as directed, start up as6.5 again and get the same message.Help!Thanks.Dan

I'm running AS6.5/Vista/FSX and every time I start up AS6.5 I get the following message: "Error accessing internal components (Unencrypt step 4-. Please run the 'Repair' option via the ASv6 setup.exe to replace required files."So I run the repair tool as directed, start up as6.5 again and get the same message.Help!Thanks.Dan
Hi Dan,This can be caused by AV or anti-spyware software deleting the required ZIP component. We've seen this before, and is a false positive. You should be able to specify that ASv6 and its components be trusted, or you can disable such software entirely. Sometimes a software/definition update of your AV/ASW will solve the problem.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest danc444

Thanks for the reply, but its way beyond me.I'm running Norton Internet Security which has both an anti-virus and spyware feature. Are you suggesting that I turn this off? I did try that, but no success. Do I have to replace any files?I always run the software as administrator and select "allow I trust this software"Also, what means deleting the required ZIP component and a false positive.I guess I'm screwed up on the exact steps I should take.Thanks.

Hi Dan,This can be caused by AV or anti-spyware software deleting the required ZIP component. We've seen this before, and is a false positive. You should be able to specify that ASv6 and its components be trusted, or you can disable such software entirely. Sometimes a software/definition update of your AV/ASW will solve the problem.Best,

Hi,1. Make sure there are no updates available for Norton.2. Turn off anti-virus and spyware protection.3. Repair your ASv6.5 install.4. Tell Norton not to scan your FS04 folder. I can't tell you how to specifically do this because I have never used Norton.Thanks,

Guest danc444

Did all that. Same error message.Would an upgrade to ASA help? I realize you'd like to sell me one, but I wonder if it would have the same issues.

Hi,1. Make sure there are no updates available for Norton.2. Turn off anti-virus and spyware protection.3. Repair your ASv6.5 install.4. Tell Norton not to scan your FS04 folder. I can't tell you how to specifically do this because I have never used Norton.Thanks,

Hi,With ASA it wouldn't happen because we are not using that .dll that your AV keeps removing by mistake.

Guest Jgdogg441

Hello, I'm having this same problem and I was wondering what exactly do I need to tell my antivirus to trust and what i can leave be. Thanks in advance. Oh yeah I'm running Windows 7.

Hi,Tell your AV to exclude your FS folder.

Guest Jgdogg441
Hi,Tell your AV to exclude your FS folder.
well I told my AV to exclude it, turned it off, COMPLETELY REINSTALLED AS, turned my AV back on and ran AS. Got the same error again :(If it helps any its 64bit windows 7, and the AV is Symantec Endpoint Protection.

Hi,FS installed outside of the Program Files path?

Guest Jgdogg441
Hi,FS installed outside of the Program Files path?
FS is installed in the normal location...the only dif being that instead of being in "program files" its in "program files (x86)" because of the whole 32-64 bit difference thing

Hi,OK, that all means the same thing. Try installing to C:\FS or something like that.

Guest Jgdogg441

As a side note I would like to add that disabling my AV had no effect on the problem. Also I was wondering...when this problem comes up and I hit the "OK" button it seems to go on its merry little way...can I just do this in the future or will the message just pop up again when it switches weather stations? More importantly, does this error message actually stop the weather station writes?

Hi,OK, that all means the same thing. Try installing to C:\FS or something like that.

Hi,So this is after reinstalling FS outside of the Program Files folder?

Guest Jgdogg441

Not yet actually. I suppose I can reinstall. Anything I should do in particular after reinstalling FS?

Hi,So this is after reinstalling FS outside of the Program Files folder?