Sign in to follow this  
Alba

Dash7 Taxispeed

Hi Folks.My sim allows Milton's Dash7 to taxi at speeds approaching 40 knts!! I apply the brakes obviously at lesser speeds to control it but I would like to set it up to taxi at a more ' normal ' speed.I have tried recalibrating my FSUIPC settings, to no avail. I have installed a taxi speed gauge but it just shoots through the set speed. I have looked at the config file and also used AirEd but I am unsure what settings, if any, would slow it down.Has anyone else experienced this? Or can anyone tell me how to slow the bird down on taxi?Curiously though, even at full throttle the aircraft never exceeds about 210 knts. I have tried adjusting prop settings but again to no avail.Any ideas folks? Regards...Ken

I hate the Dash 7. :( I know it is a fantastic aircraft for short field landings, but when I was in Korea having to work that plane in my pattern with F-16's...it wan't fun!! Seriously though it is amazing how slow it would be on final...about 90 knots over the ground. Took forever for him to fly the ILS. That is what makes it such a great short field performer. Don't have this model, but the turbo prop model is notorious for causing fast taxi speeds. After you advance the throttle push the F1 button. It will set the throttle to 0 idle. Also check your prop settings, you don't need them all the way to takeoff settings for taxi. Good luck getting it figured out,Cheers,Scott

I think on the turbo props you need to pull the condition/mixture lever back almost to cut-off. On some it doesn't change idle but on others the idle will reduce power/torque. Some models you can taxi with the prop in beta range.scott s..