Sign in to follow this  
Racalac

All of my FS9 textures & autogen have gone missing?

Greetings all,I dont know what happened or why my FS9 has suddenly gone like this, but out of nowhere all my textures have vanished.newpicturekh1.jpgI recently installed the PMDG MD-11 update...but i highly doubt this is the cause.anyone have any ideas as to what happened or how I can fix it without re-installing all of fs9? :( System Specs:C2Q Q6600 @ 3.43ghz (1.41vcore)P5E2x HD38702x 1TB WD SATA2 drives700W PSSoundmax 2 soundbla bla blaAny help would be greatly appreciated :)Rac

Yes, that IS the cause. You will find that your textures folder might have vanished? IF you are indeed missing your texture folder then you may wanna contact PMDG and let them know. There IS a specific reason for your missing textures...which as something to do with blacklisted MD-11 keys that will cause your texture folder to be deleted upon installation of the latest update. HTH,Mike T.

Yes, that IS the cause. You will find that your textures folder might have vanished? IF you are indeed missing your texture folder then you may wanna contact PMDG and let them know. There IS a specific reason for your missing textures...which as something to do with blacklisted MD-11 keys that will cause your texture folder to be deleted upon installation of the latest update. HTH,Mike T.
"...blacklisted MD-11 keys that will cause your texture folder to be deleted upon installation of the latest update. " :( Deleting a folder installed with the add on or one of the texture folders from Microsoft that was installed with the simulator? The screen dump looks like the simulator's scenery textures are damaged or made inaccessible.I've seen EULAs that allowed a publisher to terminate a license after the customer violates the EULA, which might, with a little stretching, be construed as making it legal to disable the customer's copy of that particular software package. Unless this company's EULA has clauses that allow them to disable or degrade software distributed by another company I would question the legality of them doing so. I would be extremely reluctant to make any software purchase from a company that would intentionaly disable or degrade another company's product even if the EULA gave them permission. And I thought product activation was bad!

"...blacklisted MD-11 keys that will cause your texture folder to be deleted upon installation of the latest update. " :( Deleting a folder installed with the add on or one of the texture folders from Microsoft that was installed with the simulator? The screen dump looks like the simulator's scenery textures are damaged or made inaccessible.I've seen EULAs that allowed a publisher to terminate a license after the customer violates the EULA, which might, with a little stretching, be construed as making it legal to disable the customer's copy of that particular software package. Unless this company's EULA has clauses that allow them to disable or degrade software distributed by another company I would question the legality of them doing so. I would be extremely reluctant to make any software purchase from a company that would intentionaly disable or degrade another company's product even if the EULA gave them permission. And I thought product activation was bad!
BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!PMDG will not only nuke your texture folder, it will also kill your terrain.dll and weather.dll along with removing your Africa scenery folder. All of these issues combined will destroy your copy of FS9 and require at the very least a reinstall of the fs9update file. I'm sure there's some legal issues with this somewhere, considering it's not spelled out in their EULA and they are affecting other areas of a program they do not own (DMCA, anyone?)

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!PMDG will not only nuke your texture folder, it will also kill your terrain.dll and weather.dll along with removing your Africa scenery folder. All of these issues combined will destroy your copy of FS9 and require at the very least a reinstall of the fs9update file. I'm sure there's some legal issues with this somewhere, considering it's not spelled out in their EULA and they are affecting other areas of a program they do not own (DMCA, anyone?)
Wow. IF this is indeed caused by something related to PMDG, I certainly disagree with their newfound anti-piracy tactic. I am not going to jump to conclusions yet until I read more on this. I do not own any PMDG products, but I have read an abundance of good things about their projects and their support. I would think that with all the positive vibes circulating around their name that they would not want something like this tied to them. If this ends up being true, I cannot see myself purchasing any of their offerings. Two wrongs don't make a right.-Scott

Wow. IF this is indeed caused by something related to PMDG, I certainly disagree with their newfound anti-piracy tactic. I am not going to jump to conclusions yet until I read more on this. I do not own any PMDG products, but I have read an abundance of good things about their projects and their support. I would think that with all the positive vibes circulating around their name that they would not want something like this tied to them. If this ends up being true, I cannot see myself purchasing any of their offerings. Two wrongs don't make a right.-Scott
http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=246083

Guest Winston

This is getting weirder by the minute. The products from PMDG I tried to reinstall were the Beech 1900C and D, and all of the 737 NG's (all ligitimately owned). You mean I have to go through all of this because of something in their files??!! This is insane!

Hahahaha, another post on this... its incredible how far will *some* people on these forums go, to fight against PMDG's fight against piracy.That is what you got for installing pirated MD-11. Why did you do it in the first place?!