Sign in to follow this  
Guest mrdon

appropriate numbers

Guest mrdon

Help please. I am trying to install the US Langley MAAM-CVL27 package. I cannot get it to show up in the list of airports. The install says to replace XX with the appropiate numbers. At the beginning **2.1/2.2 I have tried this and nothing Anyone know what the right number is. My poor old brain(74) is locked up. Thanks alot :(

Help please. I am trying to install the US Langley MAAM-CVL27 package. I cannot get it to show up in the list of airports. The install says to replace XX with the appropiate numbers. At the beginning **2.1/2.2 I have tried this and nothing Anyone know what the right number is. My poor old brain(74) is locked up. Thanks alot :(
Please provide the complete file name (?????.zip) of the package you are trying to install. A search in our library, using Langley as the criteria, turns up several possibilities.Once we know what file you are working with perhaps one of us can offer some assistance.

Guest mrdon
Please provide the complete file name (?????.zip) of the package you are trying to install. A search in our library, using Langley as the criteria, turns up several possibilities.Once we know what file you are working with perhaps one of us can offer some assistance.
Thanks for quick reply OPA, The file is Italy-CVl30-31.zip. I sent a email to the author but it seems it was not good. It is in the gauges folder and has 2 files to change. Thanks again for help

Thanks for quick reply OPA, The file is Italy-CVl30-31.zip. I sent a email to the author but it seems it was not good. It is in the gauges folder and has 2 files to change. Thanks again for help
I do not find such a file in the library here - did you get it somewhere else perhaps?Nevermind - found it by searching another way - will check into it and get back to you.

Guest lgvpilot1

Stupid question first !Do you have the USS Langley of the MAAM Avenger package installed ?looking at the instructions for what you are talking about , this is a relocation package"These files relocate the USS Langley of the MAAM Avenger package into the waters on either side of Italy. CVL30 is located in the Adriatic Sea near the city of Ancona (LIPY). CVL31 is located in the Tyrrhenian/Mediterranean Sea near Rome. "The files you have to edit dsd_catapult_zones.ini file ddsd_arrester_zones.iniI dont think these are default ini files in the gauges folder Do you have these two files in your gauges folder?Mark

The gauge stuff is for the arrestor cables etc. and since I do not have that package, I cannot comment on what the proper numbers should be.It seems to me that the first order of business would be to get the carrier to show up - the arrestor cable and captapult stuff can come later.I assume you already have the required MAAM Avenger package installed properly and "activated" in your scenery library.If so, adding one or both of the bgl's in the new package to the scenery subfolder of the Avenger package (Addon Scenery\MAAM_CVL27\scenery subfolder) should allow them to be a choice on your Select an Airport dialogue under Italy.That is all I can suggest at the moment. Someone who uses the catapult and arrestor system will need to chime regarding the gauge data which needs to be added to the ini files.Good luck!!