Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alias

Autobrakes

Guest Alias

Hi,I have read many posts on the autobrakes issues over here, just my two cents:for me normally they work, I have brakes assigned via FSUIPC using SAITEK pedals. What i noticed is that they won't work if your approach speed is only slightly higher than the one as per FMC. Yesterday, for example, I have simulated a landing in higher speed conditions simulating an emergency; the touchdown was normal I got spoilers deployed but no autobrakes. The same applies to RTO. If you are above 80 knots but not over 100 they will work otherwise nothing. I think, especially, in the first case, that there must be some kind of small bugs in the autobrakes logic - at least this is what I think -.Regards,

I

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

Hi,I have read many posts on the autobrakes issues over here, just my two cents:for me normally they work, I have brakes assigned via FSUIPC using SAITEK pedals. What i noticed is that they won't work if your approach speed is only slightly higher than the one as per FMC. Yesterday, for example, I have simulated a landing in higher speed conditions simulating an emergency; the touchdown was normal I got spoilers deployed but no autobrakes. The same applies to RTO. If you are above 80 knots but not over 100 they will work otherwise nothing. I think, especially, in the first case, that there must be some kind of small bugs in the autobrakes logic - at least this is what I think -.Regards,
Lorenzo,Speed has absolutely nothing to do with autobrakes operation. Ther is no such thing included in the autobrakes simulation logic. The ABS logic is the one Finn posted. I am also using SAITEK pedals and I can ensure you that ABS should fine all the time. If you are using FSUIPC to assign the left/right brakes axis please note:1. This shoud work in the FS9 MD-11 version, but not on the FSX MD-11 version (you should assign through the FSX controls menu in this case; see relevant posts)2. In the FSUIPC "calibration" screen the "Filter" box must be UNCHECKED. 3. Calibrate propery your pedals toe brakes axis. Sensitivity must be set to full (100%) and NULL zone close to 0.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest Alias
Lorenzo,Speed has absolutely nothing to do with autobrakes operation. Ther is no such thing included in the autobrakes simulation logic. The ABS logic is the one Finn posted. I am also using SAITEK pedals and I can ensure you that ABS should fine all the time. If you are using FSUIPC to assign the left/right brakes axis please note:1. This shoud work in the FS9 MD-11 version, but not on the FSX MD-11 version (you should assign through the FSX controls menu in this case; see relevant posts)2. In the FSUIPC "calibration" screen the "Filter" box must be UNCHECKED. 3. Calibrate propery your pedals toe brakes axis. Sensitivity must be set to full (100%) and NULL zone close to 0.
OK, Michael thanks for suggestions.

Ok, i dont use pedals for my brake. I use the Saitek X52 FCS, have reset the idle position of my thrust lever, the autobrakes DO work if i press F1 after landing right down til the aircraft stops, if i engage reverse thrust after landing without pressing F1 the autobrake sometimes apply momentarily and then stops applying brakes (the ABS disarm light only comes on once i apply manual braking), i have to disengage reverse thrust and press F1 and then it will work, on RTO's it works perfect. What i suspect could possibly be contributing (purely speculation) to the issue is the approach idle mode. Its possible that because the engine is idling at a higher speed the engines probably don't spool down to ground idle quick enough hence no autobrake. I dont know if this is the cause but if PMDG could reproduce the problem somehow or produce a tiny fix and ask a few persons to try it, perhaps increasing the idle zone which the autobrake would engage that would probably help.

That really puzzles me.Finally i was able to experiment with the autobrakes myself.Running the MD-11 in FSX with the new update, I have assigned Left/Right brakes through FSUIPC.NO axis' are processed by FSX - all Axis' are assigned through FSUIPC and calibrated there too.Ensuring that all is setup correct for the Autobrakes to become active - autobrakes works flawless on my system with the brakes assigned through FSUIPC and in FSX !! I tested the RTO action with both speed between 80-100 kts and above 100 knots - action was as expectedI tested it during landing - action was as expected.How come You say that autobrakes doesn

Guest EDSJ

After last update, my saitek works now. Think its trouble in setup your plane or any thing.

After last update, my saitek works now. Think its trouble in setup your plane or any thing.
I

Hi Finn long time no see, I too have no issues with the toe brakes when calibrated and assigned in FSUIPC on my Saitek rudder pedals, the Auto brakes in the MD-11 work as designed.

Cheers, Andy.

Hi Andy - how are You - still flying the Twotter ? Yeah I think the problem is to understand the way the Autobrakes are functioning on the MD-11.It seems to work fine - even when assigned through FSUIPC.Finn Jacobsen

Hi Andy - how are You - still flying the Twotter ?
I'm good thanks, I hope you are well too. I don't get as much time as I would have liked with the Twotter, too many new and fantastic aircraft and add-ons coming out from the likes of PMDG and HIFI. Beta testing has been keeping me busy too, If I got paid to do this I could turn it into a full time job I'm sure :( All the best for the New Year Finn.

Cheers, Andy.

Guest FrancoisH

All I read here point out that I was maybe wrong at some point... it is maybe not a problem related to my brake axis but to my spoiler leveler axis which prevent the spoilers to deploy and then cause the ABS not working (without any disarm alert) which sound more logical... and at second take off attempt, it do work because the status of the lever is correct...I will try to conduct some test again. I am just happy to notice there is some issue for other people than me and all using Saitek rudder pedals !

Guest SkullxBones
What puzzles me is that Michael from PMDG say that it shouldn

That really puzzles me.Finally i was able to experiment with the autobrakes myself.Running the MD-11 in FSX with the new update, I have assigned Left/Right brakes through FSUIPC.NO axis' are processed by FSX - all Axis' are assigned through FSUIPC and calibrated there too.Ensuring that all is setup correct for the Autobrakes to become active - autobrakes works flawless on my system with the brakes assigned through FSUIPC and in FSX !! I tested the RTO action with both speed between 80-100 kts and above 100 knots - action was as expectedI tested it during landing - action was as expected.How come You say that autobrakes doesn

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Can you test this: Assign the axis through FSX and calibrate through FSUIPC. Is this working for you?
As it is difficult to use the CH pedals without an FSUIPC calibration (values jump -13864 to 0 and then continue correct to +13864), I always used FSUIPC to get rid of that jump. So I can confirm that I have no issue with FSX assignment and correction via FSUIPC (do not use any filter).Best,Alexander M. Metzger

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger