Sign in to follow this  
Guest Werd

Please help me set up TP with slow connection

Guest Werd

HiSo I'm trying to use TileProxy and I'm having problems with blurries.Just made the bandwidth speed test and it sais:Download speed : 1049 kbsUp speed : 723 kbsI have no problems when flying really slow with a glider (50 kts) but every time I fly a small aircraft (100kts) I see 5m/p or worse.My system isc2d 1.8@3.0 GhzGeforce 7600 gs w 256 mb2Gb ramFSX SP2 with following values in fsx.cfg:FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=1TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=80Frames locked to 20.So basically TP doesnt succeed to load scenery at 100 kts, I'm wondering if I can get any better results with my 1mb internet connection. I was experimenting with level mappings but didnt get any acceptable results. Any suggestions? I use Service 1 with conn=40|rate=1.0min_level=9max_level=19map_version=234level_mapping=9,9,11,12,14,14,15,16,17,18,19color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=50"rate" at 2.0 (obviously), "conn" at 80 or bulk_extend at 100 gave me timeouts.Thanks!ps : I remember flyings military jets (!) with Google with 13,13,13,13,14,15,16 mappings since GE's lod13 were fine but it's not possible anymore with VE.

Guest ddrueding

Running detail level 19 is not going to happen with that connection and hardware. If all the textures were already downloaded and your machine was just trying to cache them, maybe. I have significantly more speed than you, and if I am flying in an area where I haven't been, my mapping is closer to 9,9,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17. Of course, if I have already downloaded all the textures of an area, I can handle 12,13,14,15,16,17,18,18,19,19,19.i7 @ 4GHz

Guest darrincates
... if I have already downloaded all the textures of an area, I can handle 12,13,14,15,16,17,18,18,19,19,19.i7 @ 4GHz
your so lucky ... I'm did a fresh install, and TP is grabbing tiles for up to level 17 right now ...