Sign in to follow this  
downscc

SIDSTARS Cycle 0901 Collection Available

New cycle available in AVSIM FS2004-Flight Plans library, file: cycle_0901_sidstars.zip.PMDG SIDSTARS Cycle 0901 (15Jan-12Feb) Procedures based on FAA Digital Aeronautical Information and Terminal Procedure Publications. This collection includes 68 locations: KABQ KATL KAUS KBDL KBNA KBOS KBUF KBUR KBWI KCLE KCLT KCMH KCVG KDAL KDCA KDEN KDFW KDTW KEWR KFLL KGEG KHOU KIAD KIAH KIND KISP KJAX KJFK KLAS KLAX KLGA KLGB KMCI KMCO KMDW KMEM KMIA KMSP KMSY KOAK KONT KORD KORF KPBI KPDX KPHL KPHX KPIT KPSP KPVD KRDU KRNO KSAN KSAT KSDF KSEA KSFO KSJC KSLC KSMF KSNA KSTL KTPA KTUS PANC PHNL PHOG TJSJ. For PMDG 737NG/747-400/747-400X/MD-11FS9/MD-11FSX Only. The changes this cycle are minor except at TJSJ San Juan PR where STARs have been added where none existed.After download, just copy files from zip to your PMDG/SIDSTARS folder after installing the latest Navigraph data.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest HeavyMetal
New cycle available in AVSIM FS2004-Flight Plans library, file: cycle_0901_sidstars.zip.PMDG SIDSTARS Cycle 0901 (15Jan-12Feb) Procedures based on FAA Digital Aeronautical Information and Terminal Procedure Publications. This collection includes 68 locations: KABQ KATL KAUS KBDL KBNA KBOS KBUF KBUR KBWI KCLE KCLT KCMH KCVG KDAL KDCA KDEN KDFW KDTW KEWR KFLL KGEG KHOU KIAD KIAH KIND KISP KJAX KJFK KLAS KLAX KLGA KLGB KMCI KMCO KMDW KMEM KMIA KMSP KMSY KOAK KONT KORD KORF KPBI KPDX KPHL KPHX KPIT KPSP KPVD KRDU KRNO KSAN KSAT KSDF KSEA KSFO KSJC KSLC KSMF KSNA KSTL KTPA KTUS PANC PHNL PHOG TJSJ. For PMDG 737NG/747-400/747-400X/MD-11FS9/MD-11FSX Only. The changes this cycle are minor except at TJSJ San Juan PR where STARs have been added where none existed.After download, just copy files from zip to your PMDG/SIDSTARS folder after installing the latest Navigraph data.
Thanks Dan.. Will grab them in a few...

Just for my understanding. Are these TP more precise, more complete or whatever in comparision to the ones provided by Navdata?Bets!Alexander M. Metzger

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

Just for my understanding. Are these TP more precise, more complete or whatever in comparision to the ones provided by Navdata?Bets!Alexander M. Metzger
Both, and thanks Dan

Dave Paige

Thanks Dave, to add to the answer regarding precision or completness, here is a short list of enhancements that I add to the collection:STAR arrival routes are provided with connections to approaches based on actual traffic flow or standard radar pattern procedures. The procedure is available both as published for use with ATC (eg VATSIM) or you can select an arrival that terminates at the FAF of an approach.Non RNAV departures provide routes from the departure runway to the departure route (most RNAV DPs do this, and these are provided as charted). Locations without SIDs such as KORD or KSDF have departure routes provided that mimic the actual traffic flow. All fixes are included that are normally filed in flight plans.Approach procedures with charted procedure turns have the procedure turn included in the sidstar procedure file.A few locations have charted visual approaches included in the sidstar procedure file (KSFO KJFK and KDCA off the top of my head). In most cases, the MSFS scenery will not support the CVAPs.The source data for the procedures is the current data from the FAA NACO, which I purchase for my use. These are not automatically generated by any algorithm but built "by hand" to ensure fidelity with published charts. In most cases, there is not any recognizable difference in "precision" between Navigraph procedures and mine (a publish fix should have the same lat/lon coordinates in either case) but being tested with PMDG aircraft ensures that they should work as intended.Error reports are few, numbering only one every couple of months from an average download rate of about 600/mo.They are free, but do require that you have current navdata from Navigraph.

Dan Downs KCRP

All got Dan, very good they are too, thankyou :( Only thing is the latest airac - 901 - for pmdg only updates the navdata, not the sidstar folder (still 813 in there). Reported to Navigraph so hopefully will be sorted.... soon.Seems a few new year problems for all lolJohn Ellison

Dan,Already in the FMC & thank you as ever for your sterling work & helpful advice.BestSteve Bell

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

All got Dan, very good they are too, thankyou :( Only thing is the latest airac - 901 - for pmdg only updates the navdata, not the sidstar folder (still 813 in there). Reported to Navigraph so hopefully will be sorted.... soon.Seems a few new year problems for all lolJohn Ellison
Check your Navigraph installer, it has option buttons to install either terminal procedures or not and must be checked. I just double checked and it did install its terminal procedures in both FS9 & FSX. All of their files are dated 1/13 and mine are dated 1/14 for this cycle.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi allI must admit that I have got the same sid/star results with the 0901 installer, I even let the installer default to FS9, which I have installed, but do not have any PMDG products in (sorry about that), and below is the header from the first file in the SIDSTARS folder that the installer created.// 06FA (WILLIAM P.GWINN)// Data provided by Navigraph - www.navigraph.com// Data copyright © 2007 European Aeronautical Group.// This data my not be used, recompiled, interpreted or // distributed for any purpose without the written consent // of Navigraph.//// The contents of this database is dated and must not be // used for real world navigation as it is unlawful and // unsafe to do so.// ------------------------------------------------------// AIRAC Cycle : 0813 (18/DEC/2008 - 14/JAN/2009) - Rev.1// ------------------------------------------------------Although the navdata does show in the FMC as the 0901 cycleIt

HiJust to update my last post, I have received a reply to my post regarding the 0901 SIDSTARS on the Navigraph forum as follows.quoteAh Yes, I see it.Houston, we seem to have a problem. This will be addressed as soon as we can, but most likely after 30 Jan 09 Thank you for letting us knowIanunquotePretty quick support, almost as quick as PMDGJim Hodkinson

Guest nhall00195

Hi...I'm a real life 744 pilot and having real difficulty updating my nav data for pmdg 747-400x. I just want to be able to fly sids/stars/ILS/NDB etc. when I go to dep/arv and select say ILS 16, all that displays is the rwy position. airborne i can't even select the position to the top of legs. I'm hoping to fly approaches to melbourne. what do i need to do. the pmdg website seems to indicate 2 seperate downloads are required i.e. one for nav data and the other for sid/stars. I downloaded 901 updates from navigraph.com and planepath.com and the FMC seems to indicate 901 is active (init pages)..PLEASE HELP...I'M LOST!!

The Navigraph download for PMDG includes all airac data, including terminal. They started providing the terminal (sidstar) data some time after initially providing the airac data; hence, some info may be outdated (you didn't mention where the guidance remains two downloads - that can be fixed tho).After the Navigraph data is installed, you should have all published sids/stars and IAPs.The FMC will display terminal procedures for DEP/ARR for both origin and destination once those locations are entered on ROUTE page. You description of the problem isn't clear enought to me to understand what is wrong. Maybe someone else can help out here.Also, I notice this is your first post. Welcome, but please sign your posts in this forum with your real name. Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest nhall00195
The Navigraph download for PMDG includes all airac data, including terminal. They started providing the terminal (sidstar) data some time after initially providing the airac data; hence, some info may be outdated (you didn't mention where the guidance remains two downloads - that can be fixed tho).After the Navigraph data is installed, you should have all published sids/stars and IAPs.The FMC will display terminal procedures for DEP/ARR for both origin and destination once those locations are entered on ROUTE page. You description of the problem isn't clear enought to me to understand what is wrong. Maybe someone else can help out here.Also, I notice this is your first post. Welcome, but please sign your posts in this forum with your real name. Thanks.
Thanks...so the download from navigraph (pmdg) contains approaches also? i.e. ILS/NDB/VOR etc. The PMDG site contained info that 2 seperate downloads were required. one from navigraph (for the nav data) and one from planepath (for the terminal info...sid/star/ILS etc).I'm just very confused. So all I need is download from navigraph and i'm good to go for sid/star and approaches (ILS/VOR etc) from the FMC?thanks again

Affirmative. That info is out of date. One download from Navigraph and you are good to go. Still missing a name here...

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest nhall00195
Affirmative. That info is out of date. One download from Navigraph and you are good to go. Still missing a name here...
Sorry.Nick Hall