Sign in to follow this  
Guest benvanboom

MD11 FS9 Possible issue in the FMC

Guest benvanboom

Dear PMDG,While flying online today from LFKB to LFML i had planned to land on RWY13L at Marseille following the OB 5B Arrival.Then a controller came online and ordered RWY 31R for arrival Runway.I entered the FMC and changed the already choosen RWY13L into 31R and also confirmed the STAR again into the OB 5B.When pressing *Insert my FS9 froze.....just like that.....no OOM, no CTD, but just freezes.I went offline, closed FS9 and restarted it, choosing my autosave file from 4 minutes ago.i thought lets try again, maybe the freeze is cause by een scenery issue?I did exactly the same...flew above STP VOR at FL150 and changed the arrival Runway and choose the STAR and again my FS9 Freezes on pressing *insert.I did this four times....every time same issue.Then again started my autosaved file, changed arrival RWY into 31R and this time i choose a different STAR....the OB 5C.Now on pressing *insert all went right and my FS9 kept flying.The OB 5B at Marseille is actually the wrong STAR for RWY 31R.....and FS9 freezes choosing that one.The OB 5C is the right one.......and FS9 keeps on flying on choosing that one.Is it possible that on pressing *Insert, FS9 Freezes when one chooses a wrong STAR?Or is this any other possible issue?In the STAR Page the Arrivals wich are not connected by the RWY of choice are still visable after selecting a RWY and a mistake is easily made.Beside of this issue: GREAT PRODUCT! VERY CHALLENGING! VERY HAPPY WITH IT !Hope to hear from you.Kind regards,Ben

Do you have the latest update? There was a bug that might be your problem with the FMS and too many runways.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest benvanboom
Do you have the latest update? There was a bug that might be your problem with the FMS and too many runways.
Hi Dan,Thanks for your answer.yes i have, actually i downloaded the product after the update.So it must be the most current one.Regards,Ben

In the STAR Page the Arrivals wich are not connected by the RWY of choice are still visable after selecting a RWY and a mistake is easily made.
Ben,The STAR page is designed to display STARs that are related to the selected runway. However, sometimes the authors of SID/STAR files neglect to provide this information, in which case all STARs are displayed, assuming they are compatible with all runways (actually approaches). As for the LFML provlem you mentioned, I will try to reproduce and see what happens. Are you using the SID/STAR database that came with the MD-11 installation?

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest benvanboom
Ben,The STAR page is designed to display STARs that are related to the selected runway. However, sometimes the authors of SID/STAR files neglect to provide this information, in which case all STARs are displayed, assuming they are compatible with all runways (actually approaches). As for the LFML provlem you mentioned, I will try to reproduce and see what happens. Are you using the SID/STAR database that came with the MD-11 installation?
Hello Michael,thanks for jumping in.i appreciate your investigation.I use the standard Databases, that came with the installation (one install, updated full install version of last week) However i have updated cycles in the Queen (from NavData) that i last updated more then one month ago, so before installing the MD11.regards,Ben

I have experiended the same issue on one of my previous flights, freezing PC after changing a STAR.

Iñigo Bildarratz

Sure would help if you provided enough information for an effort to duplicate the lockups. If you can duplicate it, then maybe the developers can too then find the problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Totalbeginner

I'm having the same problem in FSX since the update. I'll be using the FMC and then suddenly FSX just freezes. The sound continues but I can't do anything. The only way out is to close it down through the task manager.What is the solution, this is driving me crazy!Regards,Martin Neep

Guest christopherbarbas

HiExactly the same happens to me also to day, for the first time.I was just before TOD and I was trying to change the arrival rwy for LIBD, from 07 to 27, after insert, the FMC was freeze and FS9 also. Couldn't get it to work, I have close FS9 from control panel.Airac version is AIRAC Cycle : 0813 (18/DEC/2008 - 14/JAN/2009) - Rev.1 for LIBDMD-11 v1.10.0050 with the update, v1.10.0051.Regards

I don't know how to put this, but without any information specific to the problem I don't know how anyone can look for a solution or even try to duplicate the problem. "I'm using the FMC" is pretty vague, were you using the FMC by entering data in the MCDU perhaps changing a STAR? If so, what is the fpln and where were you in the fpln when you tried to change and what were you doing to change it? Come on guys, we all want to get the bugs out but a little more help would be great.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Totalbeginner
I don't know how to put this, but without any information specific to the problem I don't know how anyone can look for a solution or even try to duplicate the problem. "I'm using the FMC" is pretty vague, were you using the FMC by entering data in the MCDU perhaps changing a STAR? If so, what is the fpln and where were you in the fpln when you tried to change and what were you doing to change it? Come on guys, we all want to get the bugs out but a little more help would be great.
OK, FSX has frozen 3 times this evening.1st time I was following a LOREL arrival into EGGW. Tried to repair a discontinuity and then.... nothing.2nd time I was on approach to EGSS. Pressed the TO/APPR page and it froze again.3rd time I'd just departed EGLL. Turning right on a WOBUN2F, pressed DIR INTC, program froze again.This problem wasn't present prior to the MD11 - FSX update.Martin

Great info, got a lot more to work with now. Thanks Martin.I am in a flight KDEN/KIND and have edited fpln enroute, added place/distance fix and used GO TO on departure... no random lockups. So now lets look at what makes your installation different from mine: I have the FSX Update for MD11, Vista64, and I am using Norton2009. Have your problems started with the update or did they start later?There's a cause for this, but random lockups in the MD11 know problems right now only deal with LFPG and that will get fixed soon. So lets find this one.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Totalbeginner

I didn't notice the problem immediately after the update. It seems to be getting more and more common, I just can't seem to complete a flight!I've tried starting with the default flight, but to no avail.I'll post back if I find a solution,Martin

Yes, please do. Thanks Martin.

Dan Downs KCRP