Sign in to follow this  
Guest benvanboom

MD11 FS9 Possible issue in the FMC

Guest Totalbeginner

Ok, I may have sorted it.I loaded the FSX default aircraft (C172). Re-saved the flight and then loaded the MD11. Unfortunately the same thing happened. As soon as I started playing with the FMC, it froze.So, I closed FSX from the task manager and then started again. This time I loaded the C172 again, but didn't select the KLM-MD11. Instead I chose the default PMDG MD11 with GE engines.Now all seems fine. I can't replicate the problem. I flew some circuits, different approaches. Touch wood, it seems ok.Regards,Martin Neep

Hi Dan, hi all,Unfortunately, I am experiencing the same problem as described in this thread. Dan, as I don't know what information you are really looking for, here is a summary of what I have done.1. I have planned a flight from YMML to NTAA using the following route YMML DOSEL7 Y59 SY G595 TAF NTAA with NCRG as an alternate. I copy/pasted this string to FSBuild or FSCommander, which results in slightly different .rte files, but both have the same effect.2. I started a new flight from scratch, placing the MD-11 in YMML on rwy 34 and I waited for the initialization to complete.3. Than I opened the FMC and loaded the route entering YMMLNTAA. The route was loaded successfully using either of the flight plans (FSBuild or FSCommander). Now, the interesting stuff starts. I am going to describe two different scenarios, one where the FSX crashes and one, where FSX doesn't crash.Scenario 1 (NOT successful)***********************4. I do a complete initialization on the INIT page (thus, entering NCRG in ALTN, 80 in CI, 310 in CRZ). Nothing else. I than switch to the F-PLN page and scroll all the way down to where I can select RWY04 (when using the FSBuild flight plan) or NTAA (when using the FSCommander flight plan). As mentioned before, there is no difference in either of the waypoints (RWY04 nor NTAA). Selecting this waypoint will enable me to select a STAR and I will change that to a VORD22 approach, using a 3000 MIN PROF and the PONU2M arrival. Upon inserting this STAR, FSX freezes. Screen frozen, sound still available. The only thing to stop this is to kill the fsx.exe process.Scenario 2 (successful)*******************5. And now the successful case. I do exactly the same as described above! The only difference is that I only load the route as described in step 3 but I don't initialize the INIT page as described in step 4. So the only thing that I have done on the INIT page is loading the route. Than I switch to the F-PLN page as described in step 4 and do everything the same way as described there. IT WORKS! I can successfully program the approach to use the VORD22 approach!Now, some additional details. I can always successfully program any approach to rwy04. No matter whether I initialize the INIT page or not. I can successfully program any approach on other airports. At this current stage. I have experienced otherwise though. Currently I am able to reproduce both scenarios at request, so everytime I am doing this, I can reproduce the successful and the unsuccesful case!Here is my current configuration.Windows Vista SP1 64bitFSX SP2PMDG MD-11 using the latest service packsAIRAC 0903FSBuild 2.3.7.5.1FSCommander 8.4.2Orbx scenery for YMML (although I don't think that this matters)Aerosoft scenery for NTAA (although I don't think that this matters)I have playing around for more than 4 hours now on this problem but I haven't found any other clues yet other than I know how to reproduce. If you need more information, I would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Maybe I could install some sort of debugging program that would give you more information. I can also say that a colleague of mine has experienced this on other airports but the results are always the same. As soon as you start changing anything on the approach, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.I hope, I could give you some more details and I would be very happy to hear any comments from your side! Thanks for your help!Kind regards,MarkAn additional note. I have tried the scenario as described previously in this thread, by loading a default aircraft and than the MD-11 again. This had no effect. The results were the same as described in my last post. It doesn't matter either, if you are loading the 'default' PMDG MD-11 or a custom painted MD-11. So, if I had to answer your question regarding loading the KLM MD-11, my answer would be, 'yes, I could load any other PMDG MD-11, but the result would be the same'. If you know, what I mean ;-).Regards,Mark

Mark van Wissen

Ok, I may have sorted it.I loaded the FSX default aircraft (C172). Re-saved the flight and then loaded the MD11. Unfortunately the same thing happened. As soon as I started playing with the FMC, it froze.So, I closed FSX from the task manager and then started again. This time I loaded the C172 again, but didn't select the KLM-MD11. Instead I chose the default PMDG MD11 with GE engines.Now all seems fine. I can't replicate the problem. I flew some circuits, different approaches. Touch wood, it seems ok.Regards,Martin Neep
I also had a problem in FS9 with the KLM passenger livery with a lock-up and computer freeze shortly after take-off from LIMC. Testing with other aircraft indicated it was an MD11 problem and choosing another livery on the MD11 showed it to be the KLM livery. Incidentally, at the time of the lock-up I was not doing anything on the FMC.Iain Smith

I just experienced the same thing this time on arrival in JFK. CAMRN STAR for ILS22L, then change of the rwys for ILS31R; upon inserting ILS31R total freeze.Happened prob once or twice before, not sure where though.FS9.1 PMDG MD-11 (can

I just experienced the same thing this time on arrival in JFK. CAMRN STAR for ILS22L, then change of the rwys for ILS31R; upon inserting ILS31R total freeze.Happened prob once or twice before, not sure where though.FS9.1 PMDG MD-11 (can

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Ditto for me. I also seem to get a consistent CTD when trying to enable my alternate destination...
Hi All!Last night my MD-11 froze for the first time, when i tried pressed ALTN from lat rev...I had an engine failure and wanted to land to a close airport. I hadnt put alternate airport from the beggining , so i just put it at that time and tried to press switch to ALTN...i dont quite remember all my steps but that was genrally my move..FS9 froze...no blue screen or something, just froze...Of course it did it again when i tried loading the flight.....

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p