Sign in to follow this  
brucek

DreamFleet/RealAir Powered C172 CHANGES

I have changed a couple of items on this wonderful package. First, I fixed the issue with the yoke appearing when switching to the landing panel if yoke is "on" the main panel when changing views. Second, I adjusted the views (height) for both panels without the forward main panel's view settings effecting the landing panel's view. The main panel sat to high compared to the horizon but adjusting it lower on the horizon meant that the landing panel would be to low on the horizon, but I have worked this out through the replacement switchover (hidden gauges for switching panels) gauges. There will be an official update version 1.1 out soon so hopefully you will see these fix/change in there too. Here are a couple of comparison shots .... First shot shows the original height followed by my 2 new view heights.....[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. SmithSan Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD [pink]XP[/pink] 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

Your changes sound very good, Randy. Having seen your work on the PIC panel, I look forward to seeing this too. I'm using this DF panel / RealAir model combo for instrument rating practice, which is working out really good. Those holding patterns are something though!Bruce.

Guest KenG

Looks and sounds great Randy. Can't wait for the final release. As Lou said though, hold off until you've got as much fixed as possible.BTW, I've asked this before. What is "Munchkin" RAM. I've heard of (and use) Mushkin RAM, but is Munchkin RAM for tiny little computers? ;-)

Guest UweR

Same vendor as the ASEL motherboards :-)I just found a note in my inbox regarding different engine types. Our panel features a carb heat switch fo heat the gravity carbureter, the default aircraft has a fuel injection. For "maximum" realism either change to fuel_metering_type= 1 //0=Fuel Injected, 1=Gravity Carbureter, or take the carb heat gauge out.Best Regards, Uwe

Thanks Bruce, I am praticing too for whenever I get around to taking up real world flight, where I live there are many flight schools to choose from. I am even buying a PFC yoke and peddles to be that much closer to replication real life. Are you using the RealAir exterior model or one of the Carenados? I have this view set for the RealAir model, on the carenado one needs only to change the [VIEW_DIR&R] setting on the foward views to VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=12.0, 0.0, 0.0 and to VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=17.0, 0.0, 0.0 on the RealAir panel cfg file and use my new switchover gauges for the yoke and landing view's correct height. If you wish to try this shoot me a mail @ crvm@iwon.com. Ken G., it's just another "brandname" although a higher quality than most.[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. SmithSan Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD [pink]XP[/pink] 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

I'm a noob who needs help... This panel and flight model combo seem incredible from what I've seen and read. How do I get that panel?

[h1]MAMA![/h1] Where you been pal? Cave man, you will need to own DreamFleet's Cardinal to use these particular gauges you see in the screenshots. Although you can use the default ones provided on the DreamFleet 172SP I highly suggest that you buy the Cardinal if you don't already own it. Anyways, download these aircrafts:1] RealAir's 172 SP http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?DLID=286932] DreamFleet 2000 Cessna 172P PANEL at flightsim.com3] FS2002 DreamFleet 172 Panel With 177 Gauges {file name is df172mod.zip) at flightsim.com.4] Follow the instructions in the readme. I have sent my new gauges off to Uwe Rademacher which he should include in the update.5] You can also use the exterior from the Carenado's 172's series if you own them. I use this panel with RealAir's exterior but am working on adapting them "perfectly" with the Carenados although most already use them with this setup.Hope this helps.[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. SmithSan Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD [pink]XP[/pink] 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

Right here - I'm on MSN and ICQ right now randy - Waiting for you.. LOL

Hi Randy,I'm using the RealAir model. I'm looking forward to trying this out, you must tell us when you upload it.Thanks,Bruce.brucek@qwest.net

Randy,I have downloaded RealAir's172SP.Where can I buy the DreamFleets Cardinal?Rodger.

You can purchase the Cardinal here. It's a wondeful flying machine in it's own right. I can live without the map on the dash though :) http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/Previews/C177/upgrade.htm[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. SmithSan Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD [pink]XP[/pink] 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

Regarding the "map on the dash" I recall reading somewhere that Lou Betti explained that as the Cardinal panel was pretty "dense" and frame-rate intensive, and that putting the map where it is helped with the frame rates. I guess if he sees your comments you may get a more definative explanation !For those who don't know what I'm talking about see this screenshot, linked from the DreamFleet site:http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/Previews/C17...0/2D_MAIN_1.jpgCheers,Alastair

Well you are right somewhat but at least in my own Cardinal VFR panel I see no map! Oh and the frames rock......http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/3005.jpg[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. SmithSan Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD [pink]XP[/pink] 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

I think he used the map to get the external view to look right. This is a trick that Roger long first did on his 172 to allow the bottom of the external view to be a bit higher thereby making the whole external window more visible (especially needed to see the runway).Trip