Sign in to follow this  
Guest seaeagle2323

md11 autothrottle quick question

Guest seaeagle2323

Hi guys awsome sim the md11 cant wait to do thai melbourne to bangkok! anyway still learning how to fly it quick question! was in the cruise with autopilot on fms was controlling everything i started playing with the autopilot and dissengaged the autothrottle how do i reengage it? i tryed everything pushing z few times which take out the autopilot i push the autoflight button they put the autopilot back on how do i do the autothrottle? cheers sorry for the simple question! Andrew

Guest seaeagle2323

hi i tried that but it still had a box around it on the pfd, also i could still move the throttle will try again this avo

Guest Johnnyvk

Hi try pressing the FMS SPD button.Should return autothrust to fms control.Johnny

hi i tried that but it still had a box around it on the pfd, also i could still move the throttle will try again this avo
What color was the box? If you get an amber "AST OFF" box it means the autothrottle is not available. A common reason for that would be that you have pushed the overboost bar by mistake. This results in engaging the ALT FADEC mode and disengages the ATS (for the PW engines models). In this case you will also get amber "FADEC ALTN" alerts on the EAD. If this happens you should reset the overboost bar (click on in) then on the overhead panel press the three FADEC guarded switches.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg