Sign in to follow this  
Guest tskillman89

PMDG 747-400 FMC land

Guest tskillman89

I finally know how to work the fmc and everything but when I am ready for my descent and landing I cant figure out how to get the FMC to route to the runway. I dont want it to autoland for me I just want it to route me the correct approach and I will do everything else.I dont know if im doing something wrong but I selected the approach that I wanted and when the exec button lit up yellow I pressed it to activate it but it still didnt route me to the runway or anything.i punched in the correct legs but i dont think i put the destination airport as a leg. May that be the problem or something?

you have to put in FROM/TO DEST/ORIG of course, select RWY for landing and you can try EXTend Runway for a fix before landing. Roar

Guest tskillman89

hmmm ima try it that way

Guest tskillman89

on the FMC what i do is after I enter in my routes DIRECT TO for each, I go to my DEP/ARR page and select the runway and everything for my approach but wen I activate it the nav is still navigating me to the last airway I entered in my routes.But after I entered my routes I tried to enter "KJFK" as the last route to go to but it has a "then" under it and has like 6 little mini boxes that are blank.(lol if you understand what im saying)

Guest lgvpilot1

Hello ???Any chance of a screenie ,sounds like a discontinuity or "disco" if you want to do a search even if you are following default atc and have not loaded a star you still need to "join " your route up so to speakAfter you have selected your destination rwy in DEP/ARR have a look at the legs page .If you see the "6 little mini boxes that are blank." try selecting the waypoint underneath them and entering that way point into your "little boxes"That will usually 'join' your route back upDoes this make any sense at all :( Oh and you are expected to sign your name in these forums :( Mark